None
    Grade
    Level 7
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Quick throw in

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    I don't disagree.
    I use this a lot, am I right in that it mean that you don't necessarily disagree, but don't fully agree?

Moderator Attention - New Usergroup Required

Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    6+1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    Ref calls use it, opponents all rush to positions to prevent the throw
    Shouldn't a good defending team do this regardless (from a coaching perspective)? Not sure a change in law / ref call would change that incentive? And obviously they can't go to a position to prevent the throw taking place at all (eg right in front of the throwing player) / or prevent it going 5m?

Regardless of that point, I agree there really is no need for a further law change here. We have the appropriate tools - from management to sanction for time-wasting - that it really is not an issue nor should it become one.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse1986 View Post
    Shouldn't a good defending team do this regardless (from a coaching perspective)? Not sure a change in law / ref call would change that incentive? And obviously they can't go to a position to prevent the throw taking place at all (eg right in front of the throwing player) / or prevent it going 5m?

Regardless of that point, I agree there really is no need for a further law change here. We have the appropriate tools - from management to sanction for time-wasting - that it really is not an issue nor should it become one.

When would the referee call "use it"? As soon as the ball goes into touch? As soon as a member of the throwing team has the ball in his hands. As soon as a member of the throwing team looks like they might be shaping to take a QTi...

More judgement for the referee to make. A call of use it will likely bring attention to the fact that a QTi is about to be taken. Do we want that in the game?
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Thread Information