Referees in Ireland

Soc/Assoc
    Connacht
    Grade
    LEVEL 3 IRFU
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Forum Behaviour

I dont post as much as I used to or would like to.

There is one poster in particular that to me is passive aggressive,and snide in many of his comments, it just makes debating your pov a chore and takes the fun out of it.

I have received a lot of very good advice when starting out on here but over the last year or so some posters have taken the fun out of it.

No question should be considered stupid and we need to rein in the one or two bullies that are turning people away.

when it works well this is an excellent site and a font of knowledge, wit and wisdom.
    Courage is knowing what lies on the other side and still opening the door !

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

All I'll add to this is

- this site is brilliant. The coaching firums I used to frequent have over time just dwindled and died, but this place goes on an on afresh every day

- On the whole I tend to filter out the tit-for-tat bickering, but I appreciate other's mileage varies on this.

- I have on very few occasions (possibly just occasion?!) contacted admins off-line about stuff I have seen that I thought was really out of order, or boring. I've never got a response from these so can only assume that admins don;t agree with me but are not prepared to be communicative about it. The former is fine, but the latter poor - IMO I hasten to add.

didds

Referees in Scotland

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 7
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    - I have on very few occasions (possibly just occasion?!) contacted admins off-line about stuff I have seen that I thought was really out of order, or boring. I've never got a response from these so can only assume that admins don;t agree with me but are not prepared to be communicative about it. The former is fine, but the latter poor - IMO I hasten to add.

didds
    Blimey, i didn't realise being boring was an issue for admins as well. Half the posts on here would need deleting.

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Not boring as in "zzzzz"... I was being kind ;-)

didds

Referees in Canada

Soc/Assoc
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Not boring as in "zzzzz"... I was being kind ;-)

didds
    you know what really bothers me?! when didds types "didds" at the end of all his comments. We know it was written by didds, it says didds immediately to the left of what didds wrote.

(and for anyone who might be wondering I'm kidding)

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyseep View Post
    you know what really bothers me?! when didds types "didds" at the end of all his comments. We know it was written by didds, it says didds immediately to the left of what didds wrote.

(and for anyone who might be wondering I'm kidding)

I've never understood it. but I am not botherted by it I'd rather judge posts by their content and not what they're dressed up in.

The only posters that really annoy me are the ones who effectively say "I don't care, I'm going to do X". Ntionalistic bias is regrettable though understandable.

I don't like double standards where, it seems, mods are allowed more latitude than ordinary posters.

But being told your stupid or whatever? come on guys we get that for a couple of hours every Saturday. You can't be too delicate if you are going to be a referee.

I have three posters on ignore. Why? Not because they a "rude" (at that means whatever the individual wants it to mean!) but because their arguments contain fewer points than Arsenal and I find a waste of time reading.

Some like Ian C, Crossref (just don't see his point re clothing at all - but he is entitled to believe it), Didds and Phil E I disagree strongly with at times but they also generally make their arguments well and their views challenge mine which can only be good.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    I've never understood it. but I am not botherted by it I'd rather judge posts by their content and not what they're dressed up in.

The only posters that really annoy me are the ones who effectively say "I don't care, I'm going to do X". Ntionalistic bias is regrettable though understandable.

I don't like double standards where, it seems, mods are allowed more latitude than ordinary posters.

But being told your stupid or whatever? come on guys we get that for a couple of hours every Saturday. You can't be too delicate if you are going to be a referee.

I have three posters on ignore. Why? Not because they a "rude" (at that means whatever the individual wants it to mean!) but because their arguments contain fewer points than Arsenal and I find a waste of time reading.

Some like Ian C, Crossref (just don't see his point re clothing at all - but he is entitled to believe it), Didds and Phil E I disagree strongly with at times but they also generally make their arguments well and their views challenge mine which can only be good.
    Am I one of the 3? If you answer this, I guess I'm not. If you don't, then I guess I am. Unless, you just don't answer it. I'm getting a headache
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Promises to Referee in France

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Arrow Re: Forum Behaviour

I hope I'm one of the three. Dickie, he could view your post, answer it and still let you on his ignore list.
    I think ignore lists are a good thing, since they help cut down on the very behaviour the OP speaks of.

In terms of the forums going forward, both problems need to be addressed. Thanks to crossref for raising the topic. Down to each of us to change his own behaviour and ignore(/not focus on) the foibles of other members. YMMV
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 02-09-17 at 13:09.
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    I've noticed I've "liked" a lot of your posts of late Pegleg :-) I am obviously teaching you well ;-)

didds

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

This thread is an example of the same thing .. no response at all from the mods (yes, some individuals have posted but I think as individuals and not as group mod response, please correct me if I am wrong )

So I am curious .. do the mod team think that the standard of behaviour is just peachy and there is nothing to be done ? Or do they think standards do need to be improved and they are putting f some actions into place ?
    Ditto for the problem that Phil E raises

Thread Information