Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Primary duties

      
  1. #31

    Referees in Ireland
    Shelflife's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Connacht
    Grade
    LEVEL 3 IRFU
    Join Date
    22 Sep 12
    Posts
    604
    Thanks (Received)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    123

    Default Re: Primary duties

    If only one of the appointed TJs/ARs doesn’t turn up then you are downgraded to a Reg TJ with no flagging powers.

  2. #32

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    12,675
    Thanks (Received)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    1439

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelflife View Post
    If only one of the appointed TJs/ARs doesn’t turn up then you are downgraded to a Reg TJ with no flagging powers.
    So you can only have 2 ARs or 2 TJs - not one of each?
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  3. #33

    Referees in Ireland
    Shelflife's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Connacht
    Grade
    LEVEL 3 IRFU
    Join Date
    22 Sep 12
    Posts
    604
    Thanks (Received)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    123

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    So you can only have 2 ARs or 2 TJs - not one of each?
    Effectively yes , which is a total pain in the arse if ever the other AR doesn't turn up.
    Courage is knowing what lies on the other side and still opening the door !

  4. #34

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    12,675
    Thanks (Received)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    1439

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelflife View Post
    Effectively yes , which is a total pain in the arse if ever the other AR doesn't turn up.
    That is bizarre and I really struggle to see any logic to it. So you rock up, all ready to be an AR, and because Fred, the other AR, is stuck in traffic, you're only a TJ & have to turn a blind eye to foul play.

    What happens if Fred gets there at half time, are you both ARs for the 2nd half? If so, can you then report the punch that occurred at 39 minutes in the first half?

    It's very diiferent here (& better, IMO). Over here, if you have an AR qualification then you are an official AR at any game where they stick a flag in your hand.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  5. #35
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    28 Feb 17
    Posts
    1,050
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    That is bizarre and I really struggle to see any logic to it. So you rock up, all ready to be an AR, and because Fred, the other AR, is stuck in traffic, you're only a TJ & have to turn a blind eye to foul play.

    What happens if Fred gets there at half time, are you both ARs for the 2nd half? If so, can you then report the punch that occurred at 39 minutes in the first half?

    It's very diiferent here (& better, IMO). Over here, if you have an AR qualification then you are an official AR at any game where they stick a flag in your hand.
    what if you have a refereeing qualification? Does that qualify you to be an AR as regards running the line?

  6. #36

    Referees in Australia
    Jarrod Burton's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    TRU
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jun 13
    Posts
    407
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckieB View Post
    what if you have a refereeing qualification? Does that qualify you to be an AR as regards running the line?
    As I understand it (after being told by one of the ARU ref coaches less than 6 weeks ago) Referee Level 1 does not give you the ability to be an AR, but if this is true, it is an example of the stupidity of the modern world.

  7. #37
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    28 Feb 17
    Posts
    1,050
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Burton View Post
    As I understand it (after being told by one of the ARU ref coaches less than 6 weeks ago) Referee Level 1 does not give you the ability to be an AR, but if this is true, it is an example of the stupidity of the modern world.
    Special understanding of the touchline paperwork and admin perhaps?

  8. #38
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Join Date
    03 Sep 14
    Posts
    3,330
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    507

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod Burton View Post
    As I understand it (after being told by one of the ARU ref coaches less than 6 weeks ago) Referee Level 1 does not give you the ability to be an AR, but if this is true, it is an example of the stupidity of the modern world.

    Surely that depends upon what the L1 qualification is in Aus. Here I doubt you would be appointed as an aR if you were L1.

  9. #39

    Referees in Australia
    TigerCraig's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North & NSWRRA
    Grade
    Level 1 Ref/Level 2 AR
    Join Date
    19 May 08
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks (Received)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    212

    Default Re: Primary duties

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Surely that depends upon what the L1 qualification is in Aus. Here I doubt you would be appointed as an aR if you were L1.
    99% (or at least the vast majority) of refs in Australia are L1. That let's you referee any amateur game. Many like me have done the Level 2 theory but never bothered to get the full accreditation. As has been said before, anyone here with an Ar accreditation is an Ar with full powers anytime they are on a sideline with a flag - appointed or not, and no game is supposed to kick off unless there are 2 accredited AR's

  10. #40

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    18,420
    Thanks (Received)
    162
    Likes (Received)
    1924

    Default Re: Primary duties

    How does an accredited AR end up on the sideline without being appointed ?
    Do they prowl local rugby clubs with a flag in their pocket ,taking control of a touchline when no one is looking ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •