Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: How would you deal with this one?

      
  1. #21

    Referees in Wales
    Taff's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Llanelli District
    Grade
    WRU Level 2
    Join Date
    23 Aug 09
    Posts
    6,582
    Thanks (Received)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    246

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    Have you got a copy to refer to?
    Only the one I printed off at the time.

  2. #22
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Join Date
    03 Sep 14
    Posts
    3,330
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    507

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    crossref[/B]]

    Have you got a copy to refer to ?
    It actually makes quite interesting reading. I should look it up again but from memory one problem with it is that the definition of a tip tackle used is no longer the same as the description in the Law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Can you say how the law book defines / in the past defined a "tip", or indeed a "spear", tackle?
    .

    I not that you say; "...it makes interesting reading..." I assume, therefore, you do have a copy and could post the one to which you refer and could post here.

  3. #23

    Referees in England
    Phil E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    8
    Join Date
    22 Jan 08
    Posts
    14,372
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    911
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?


    Follow my Award Winning blog The Rugby Ref


  4. #24

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,264
    Thanks (Received)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    1287

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    .

    I not that you say; "...it makes interesting reading..." I assume, therefore, you do have a copy and could post the one to which you refer and could post here.
    I meant did you have a copy of the disciplinary report that you mentioned that referred to the memo
    The memo is here on this site in the Wiki under IRB communications.

    The definition of a tip tackle in the memo is different from the current law now .. 10.4j
    Last edited by crossref; 24-11-17 at 10:11.

  5. #25

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,264
    Thanks (Received)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    1287

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    This where the 2009 memo should be
    http://laws.worldrugby.org/?domain=9&guideline=3

    No doubt it's an accidental omission .
    But what always intrigues me is edit done the 2011 memo ... If you look at the pdf that Phil provided you will see that the 2011 memo referred to the 2009 memo, but in the version on the website that reference has been removed ...

  6. #26
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Join Date
    03 Sep 14
    Posts
    3,330
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    507

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    Firstly the law has not changed at all certaily since 2010 10.4(e) has remained the same.

    Moving on, Phil's link refers to one type of dangerous tackle not the only type.

    The reference to the disciplinary hearing was not mine so no I do not have a copy.

    To my knowledge the memo Phil gave the link to has not been overwritten.

    So may I ask again: How has the law changed?

  7. #27
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Join Date
    03 Sep 14
    Posts
    3,330
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    507

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post

    msf

    I hope you find her.

  8. #28

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,264
    Thanks (Received)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    1287

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Firstly the law has not changed at all certaily since 2010 10.4(e) has remained the same.

    Moving on, Phil's link refers to one type of dangerous tackle not the only type.

    The reference to the disciplinary hearing was not mine so no I do not have a copy.

    To my knowledge the memo Phil gave the link to has not been overwritten.

    So may I ask again: How has the law changed?
    Pegleg
    10.4 J. deals with tip tackles . I don't have a 2009 Law book, but no doubt OB.. will be along shortly to tell is whether 10.4 J has changed since then

    On the 2011 memo .. in Phil's PDF the 2011 memo references rhe 2009 memo. On the WR website the sectiin on the 2011 memo no longer has that reference.

    I suspect that a problem with the 2009 memo is that it doesn't match 10.4j and that's why it has been deemphasized .

  9. #29
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 3
    Join Date
    03 Sep 14
    Posts
    3,330
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    507

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    10.4 (j) Glad you mentiond it refers to lifitng a play and dropping / driving into the ground not specifically a tackle (of course) It was introduced in 2009 and the wording in all subsequent law books has remained unchanged.

    Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst
    that player’s feet are still off the ground such that the player’s head and/or upper body
    come into contact with the ground first is dangerous play.
    Penalty: Penalty Kick

    It specifically states that ALL instances where a player is "tipped" and driven / dropped are always dangerous and that is no longer open to interpretation.

    Also specific sanctions are stipulated in the memo. The Law, however, has not changed at all between 2009 and now.

  10. #30

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,264
    Thanks (Received)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    1287

    Default Re: How would you deal with this one?

    So the memo and the Law have always been inconsistent?
    Shrug , perhaps that's the reason why the memo seems to have faded ..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •