Referees in Scotland

Soc/Assoc
    Edinburgh - ERRS
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 6 Nations Referee Focus.Points

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I saw 3 FKs today alone for crooked feeds. I like it.

Personally, I reckon Pascal Gaüzère had a good game in the Wales v Scotland match. He's growing on me.
    I believe that the FK against Welsh 9 was for moving too far to the right and not having left shoulder in line with centre of the scrum. That was my understanding from the Ref Mic although the commentators did not pick up on this.

PG had a fairly good game (better than anyone in blue, sadly) However, the frequency of players going straight to ground or coming in from the side at the breakdown with complete impunity is hugely frustrating. Not a whinge, just a general bugbear of mine across the pro game.
    Keep smiling!

Referees in Ireland

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

It has set a marker now , for rest of competition .
    And hopefully rugby going forward .
    Thought ref did so well , he will be given looksy at next world cup .

My only observation , where i heared on tv from ref mike .
    A few times he told the scarlets , that when they touch ball at back of ruck , that ruck was over .

There was a great pod cast by wayne barnes this week , where he said they would focus on scrum halves rolling ball out of back of rucks & would now be deemed play on ,,& they have told all 6 nations coaches , they need to see more using foot to roll ball back & not hands ,,which i agree with

But to touch ball for me ,,wouldnt constitute ruck over .

Referees in Ireland

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    I believe that the FK against Welsh 9 was for moving too far to the right and not having left shoulder in line with centre of the scrum. That was my understanding from the Ref Mic although the commentators did not pick up on this.

PG had a fairly good game (better than anyone in blue, sadly) However, the frequency of players going straight to ground or coming in from the side at the breakdown with complete impunity is hugely frustrating. Not a whinge, just a general bugbear of mine across the pro game.

Hi jolly .
    The welsh hooker had his foot pre out & at an angle , ready to scoop ball back .
    There for he forced a crocked throw , as the scrum half by default was now too far over & although the ball went in straight
    It was already behind hookers foot ..

Regarding scotland performance .
    For me they are playing the right style of rugby .
    Its what we use to call the welsh way ( not warren ball )
    They threw ball around & played very open rugby .

It was unfortunate that today , wasnt their day .
    If they change game plan now ,,i fear they will regret it .

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Yet to join
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    "Finally, scrum-halves rolling the ball back in at the ruck is something that a lot of people have pointed out in recent weeks. Owens says referees have noted the infringement, and will be clamping down this year."

So why havent; they been doing so? why wait until the 6N. And will this now be all levels and not just 6N?

NO is lumbered with being a spokesperson so my cynicism isn't aimed at him. But if its been deemed as needing attention, did "they" only notice it last Monday 29th? If not why haven;t refs been instructed to "clamp down " on it earlier?

didds
    Ever get that feeling of deja-vu?

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread....ll-positioning

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Manchester & District
    Grade
    Level 10
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Agree PG had a good game. Most decisions correct, good man management. Also delighted to see not straight penalised. Not sure SH use of ball at rucks was any different. However, another bugbear still frustrates. Given the strength of modern defences it is vital for officials to keep players on-side. OK to shout 'back foot' and point a lot but unless you ping them players will continue to creep offside. ARs need to help more especially where the ref needs eyes in the back of his / her head. Disappointed NO didn't enforce offside better in France v Ireland which added to the stalemate.

Thread Information