Moderator Attention - New Usergroup Required

Soc/Assoc
    Danish Rugby Union
    Grade
    Level 8
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Power Play?

South Africa are doing so well at the moment too! I imagine all of this innovation at the Uni level is causing it.

On a separate note, can't see it catching on. It is currently a problem when YCs and RCs are issued to teams, last thing we want is them not seeing that as 'as serious' a sanction because they get more used to playing with one or two men down.

- - - Updated - - -

South Africa are doing so well at the moment too! I imagine all of this innovation at the Uni level is causing it.

On a separate note, can't see it catching on. It is currently a problem when YCs and RCs are issued to teams, last thing we want is them not seeing that as 'as serious' a sanction because they get more used to playing with one or two men down.

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shnipvanwinkel View Post
    presumably it really comes home to roost if team A is (say) 2 players in the bin and the oppo call a powerplay and take two more off! That could end up with a defending backline of two backs and a scrumhalf!

That's three minutes to score possibly at least two tries! Unless the restarting (powerplayed team) can kickoff and retain possession and then just run the clock down somehow.

Intriguing - but I think probably doomed to failure. But fair does WR/SARFU/whoever at least giving this stuff a go. If only to demonstrate it won;t work (CF any number in a lineout defensively )

didds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shnipvanwinkel View Post
    presumably it really comes home to roost if team A is (say) 2 players in the bin and the oppo call a powerplay and take two more off! That could end up with a defending backline of two backs and a scrumhalf!

That's three minutes to score possibly at least two tries! Unless the restarting (powerplayed team) can kickoff and retain possession and then just run the clock down somehow.

Intriguing - but I think probably doomed to failure. But fair does WR/SARFU/whoever at least giving this stuff a go. If only to demonstrate it won;t work (CF any number in a lineout defensively )

didds

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Cambridge and St Neots
    Grade
    I am a Fan
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I have a question - what is with the pink shorts.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Camquin View Post
    Captains?

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    New York State Rugby Referees Society
    Grade
    Level 1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Camquin View Post
    The Man of the match, from the previous week, and a cancer fund raiser/awareness camping all in one.

Player or Coach

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

If the agenda is to have more space on the pitch by reducing numbers to 13-a-side then it's a useful evolutionary stride, failing that it's needs filing away in the 'bad trial idea's' cabinet at WR's creative thinking dept.

Referees in Scotland

Soc/Assoc
    Edinburgh - ERRS
    Grade
    Level 6
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VM75 View Post
    If the agenda is to have more space on the pitch by reducing numbers to 13-a-side then it's a useful evolutionary stride, failing that it's needs filing away in the 'bad trial idea's' cabinet at WR's creative thinking dept.
    Excellent idea, reduce teams to 13 a side in order to create more space; do away with competitive scrums so no resets required; bin rucks so ball is recycled more quickly after the tackle; and as for the ridiculous spectacle that is the line out........
    Keep smiling!

Moderator Attention - New Usergroup Required

Soc/Assoc
    Danish Rugby Union
    Grade
    Level 8
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Excellent idea, reduce teams to 13 a side in order to create more space; do away with competitive scrums so no resets required; bin rucks so ball is recycled more quickly after the tackle; and as for the ridiculous spectacle that is the line out........
    Yes, then allow passing the ball forwards and reset possession every 4th time the ball or ball carrier goes to ground, but not if you reach a certain distance first. Shall we say... 10 yds?

Thread Information