Soc/Assoc
    Prefer not to say
    Grade
    Retired
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: F**k off you little b***h

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    i told my self last week i wouldn't post any more on this site , but i would just read posts instead .
    I've been trying to do that for two years!

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Club
    Grade
    interested bystander
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    Here is the whole game, French commentary alas , so who knows whether the incident is audible .. perhaps someone can find it

https://youtu.be/dwLGnY1KbOA
    Cheers buddy.

the incident is at 1h 47m into the whole clip (i don't know how to link to that exact time in the video), believe it's 71.20 on the game clock but the picture and sound quality is poor (i appreciate that's not your doing!) so it's not clear exactly what was said.

it was clearer on BT HD!

but what it does do is give a time index, so when the english commentary rocks up somewhere (which it will i'm sure, i'm still googling for it) it gives us a starting point.

entirely likely i'm wrong of course, for only me to have flagged this would suggest that this is the probable outcome.
    Hi. I'm Barry Scott.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

He said it alright whilst on camera with ref. But no biggie to me. I can't imagine a penalty for it.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Cardiff Society of Welsh Rugby Union Referees
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

That video is not clear but there is absolutely no reaction from the ref or the Glaws player to whatever was said. The Cardiff 8 seems reasonalbly calm as he speaks.

Surprised he was not pingged for his actions at the ruck mind.

Not sure how the HD transmition will help unless the commentators are quiet.

I'm also guessing that as the citing period is over that the ref, who was a little closer to the action did not hear it and also that it was not picked up on the ref mike. It surely would have been.

I'm accusing no one of telling lies. Asking for evidence is, I feel resonable. The accusation is quite serious.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    He said it alright whilst on camera with ref. But no biggie to me. I can't imagine a penalty for it.
    I find that comment very odd. If a player was to say "F**k off you little b---h to me in anything other than a very clear "joking" context he would be seeing a red card. To condone such words a "no biggie for me" is staggering.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Prefer not to say
    Grade
    Retired
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wakeham View Post
    I find that comment very odd. If a player was to say "F**k off you little b---h to me in anything other than a very clear "joking" context he would be seeing a red card. To condone such words a "no biggie for me" is staggering.
    If he were saying it to you, sure, but if you were sure he was talking to an opponent in the 71st minute of a niggle free game you could easily let it go.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocY View Post
    If he were saying it to you, sure, but if you were sure he was talking to an opponent in the 71st minute of a niggle free game you could easily let it go.

But we are discssing an accusation that he said it to the referee "that's what i heard the Cardiff #8 say to Jerome Garces". So that point does not apply.
    Last edited by Marc Wakeham; 17-05-18 at 09:05.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I 've been informed that the comments were make towards the Glaws player and not Garces. If was all part of the incident at the ruck. Williams was a little OTT with his agression and Trinder took exception to the "tackle" and Williams verbally slapped him.

So it appears the original accusation was an error. It them comes down to DocY's comments "if you were sure he was talking to an opponent in the 71st minute of a niggle free game you could easily let it go." Clearly Garces was happy to manage the incident in the way DocY suggests.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Trinder is 6’1" and weighs in at 93kg

I have met JG and I can confirm he is littler.

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wakeham View Post
    I 've been informed that the comments were make towards the Glaws player and not Garces. If was all part of the incident at the ruck. Williams was a little OTT with his agression and Trinder took exception to the "tackle" and Williams verbally slapped him.

So it appears the original accusation was an error. It them comes down to DocY's comments "if you were sure he was talking to an opponent in the 71st minute of a niggle free game you could easily let it go." Clearly Garces was happy to manage the incident in the way DocY suggests.
    The defence that Dylan tried - and failed with
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Thread Information