Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: More experiment s

      
  1. #1

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,453
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    1326

    Default More experiment s

    https://www.ruck.co.uk/the-top-14-ha...l-rule-change/

    I wonder if they have asked for 12 interchanges rather than 12 replacements
    Well , I hope that's what it is

  2. #2
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cambridge and St Neots
    Grade
    I am a Fan
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    170

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Odd -I would have thought reducing subs and making players train for stamina rather than impact would reduce injury.
    American Football is over there <-

  3. #3

    Referees in New Zealand
    Ian_Cook's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    12 Jul 05
    Posts
    12,915
    Thanks (Received)
    97
    Likes (Received)
    1320

    Default Re: More experiment s

    If it is 12 interchanges they want, that is already allowed under the LoTG

    LAW 3: TEAM

    ROLLING REPLACEMENTS
    33. A match organiser may implement rolling tactical replacements at defined levels of the
    game within its jurisdiction. The number of interchanges must not exceed 12. The
    administration and rules relating to rolling replacements are the responsibility of the
    match organiser.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

  4. #4

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,453
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    1326

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Yes .. also the blue card mentioned seems pretty much covered in the laws .. the referee currently can and should order off any player he thinks has concussion.

  5. #5

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,594
    Thanks (Received)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    1039

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    Yes .. also the blue card mentioned seems pretty much covered in the laws .. the referee currently can and should order off any player he thinks has concussion.
    the blue card process is more than just the referee ordering a player off. It sets in motion a chain of concussion management events

    http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/run...anagement.aspx

    http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/Por...2017_Final.pdf
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  6. #6

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,594
    Thanks (Received)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    1039

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Quote Originally Posted by Camquin View Post
    Odd -I would have thought reducing subs and making players train for stamina rather than impact would reduce injury.
    American Football is over there <-
    Presumably its the same logic that reduced 7s Finals from 10 minute halves to 7 minutes.

    But I appreciate the facetiousness of your post.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  7. #7

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    LSRFUR
    Grade
    10
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    14,453
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    1326

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    the blue card process is more than just the referee ordering a player off. It sets in motion a chain of concussion management events

    http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/run...anagement.aspx

    http://www.rugbyaustralia.com.au/Por...2017_Final.pdf
    But why would they need WR permission for off field concussion management and treatment ...

  8. #8
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cambridge and St Neots
    Grade
    I am a Fan
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    170

    Default Re: More experiment s

    I am in favour of moving to interchanges and stripping out all the complications of substitutes,replacements, blood bins, uncle Tom Cobley and all.
    National 1 works well with 5 on the bench, National 2 uses 4 and most DOC leagues use 3 with county leagues using up 5.

    Most players play the full 80 minutes .
    It seems to work and sides are not using all 10 interchanges,

    But if you have twelve on the bench,why not 15 and so on.
    Presumably all 12 on the bench would be paid and would get caps.
    if players are all playing 50 minutes, you train for maximum impact in that time.
    Much more power and more broken bodies.

  9. #9
    Rugby Club Member Flish's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 10
    Join Date
    02 Sep 13
    Posts
    283
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    But why would they need WR permission for off field concussion management and treatment ...
    You shouldn't, in RFU land there's a very clearly defined process for return to play if a concussion is suspected, it would be negligent (probably in the true legal sense) of any coach not to follow that. I assume similar applies elsewhere?

  10. #10

    Referees in England
    Phil E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    8
    Join Date
    22 Jan 08
    Posts
    14,415
    Thanks (Received)
    106
    Likes (Received)
    941
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: More experiment s

    Quote Originally Posted by Camquin View Post
    I am in favour of moving to interchanges and stripping out all the complications of substitutes,replacements, blood bins, uncle Tom Cobley and all.
    National 1 works well with 5 on the bench, National 2 uses 4 and most DOC leagues use 3 with county leagues using up 5.

    Most players play the full 80 minutes .
    It seems to work and sides are not using all 10 interchanges,

    But if you have twelve on the bench,why not 15 and so on.
    Presumably all 12 on the bench would be paid and would get caps.
    if players are all playing 50 minutes, you train for maximum impact in that time.
    Much more power and more broken bodies.
    I wouldn't have thought clubs could afford to have 12 first team level players on the bench with the associate costs of wages, etc.
    So they will end up with academy and A league players on the bench, who will only get on if injuries mean there is no other option.
    It means they get less playing time than if they were playing for the academy or A league, and risk getting injured by going to the higher level too soon in their careers.

    Follow my Award Winning blog The Rugby Ref


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •