Thread: World Cup 7s

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default World Cup 7s

Watching live streaming the Women's opening round. Canada v. Brazil saw some really great rugby but the next two of Australia v. PNG and NZ vs. Mexico shows the desperate need to have a two tier competition per the U-20s 15s. Mexico barely touched the ball.

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: World Cup 7s

Ireland surprised England in a scrappy match. USA romp over China but don't show anything but size and speed.

Interesting incident in that game. USA have PK and ball is on the ground and about on the mark. US player stands over it then kicks it a foot or so and picks it up. She then kicks to touch, clearly not realizing that she had taken the kick. Who here would award the line-out to China on a line with where the ball was kicked? I think I would.

Now a pet peeve: Players who carry into goal untouched and often unchased who then wait for an op to press them before grounding the ball.

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Ireland surprised England in a scrappy match. USA romp over China but don't show anything but size and speed.

Interesting incident in that game. USA have PK and ball is on the ground and about on the mark. US player stands over it then kicks it a foot or so and picks it up. She then kicks to touch, clearly not realizing that she had taken the kick. Who here would award the line-out to China on a line with where the ball was kicked? I think I would.

Now a pet peeve: Players who carry into goal untouched and often unchased who then wait for an op to press them before grounding the ball.
    China lineout
    And that's the guidance. if you can't be bothered to chase them, then they can play at their own pace.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    London
    Grade
    New/Ungraded
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Issue I’ve noticed at lineout. Ball thrown in, caught and then catcher held in air while the thrower runs to become the receiver. I thought you had to bring the player down as soon as they caught the ball. Am I wrong?

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

aiui you are not wrong. I guess this is so endemic in sevens that nobody "cares".

didds

Thread Information