Thread: WHat sanction for coaches coming onto the pitch?

Referees in Scotland

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default WHat sanction for coaches coming onto the pitch?

I am seeing increasing issues with coaches coming into the playing area when not permitted. There are lots of times they leave the technical area, this I can deal with (if it repeats) by removing them from the playing enclosure. Is that the only sanction to me if a coach comes on the pitch as well?

Also, what sanctions are available for substitutes who get involved in off field scuffles of cause problems with celebrations in the in goal area. Can you RC a substitute (and if so I presume the team stays at 15 but loses a sub?

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    North Yorkshire
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: WHat sanction for coaches coming onto the pitch?

yes you are right you can red card the sub, they stay at 15 but lose a sub (i have done this )

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra1922 View Post
    I am seeing increasing issues with coaches coming into the playing area when not permitted. There are lots of times they leave the technical area, this I can deal with (if it repeats) by removing them from the playing enclosure. Is that the only sanction to me if a coach comes on the pitch as well?
    you can write a report about what happened and submit it to your society.

Here's lots of sound advice from London Society -- no doubt all the forms will be different in Scotland, but I imagine the principles will be the same, and you can get advice from your society

https://www.londonrugby.com/discipline

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Follow my Award Winning blog The Rugby Ref

Referees in Scotland

Soc/Assoc
    Edinburgh Rugby Referees Society
    Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra1922 View Post

Also, what sanctions are available for substitutes who get involved in off field scuffles of cause problems with celebrations in the in goal area. Can you RC a substitute (and if so I presume the team stays at 15 but loses a sub?
    Zebra, if you get to the stage of sending a coach away from the playing enclosure, you should complete a match official abuse form with the details - the abuse is that they did not respect the authority of the referee - and that will be taken forward by Scottish Rugby - there will be a hearing and the coach can expect a reprimand or a touchline ban. The forms are on the WTR system. Just make sure you are clear in your report when you asked him to leave the pitch and not re-enter without your permission, when he did it again and when you sent him from the playing enclosure.

Thread Information