Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Italy/France

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Sorry this isn't strictly relevant to the thread but just a friendly word of warning Zebra.

We were sent an e-mail telling us that we were not to wear GoPros. In fact, I'm pretty sure the e-mail mentioned there could be insurance issues; and you don't want to find yourself uninsured if there was an incident..
    was that a WRU edict? Or a WR one? Zebra seems to be under the auspices of the SRU ?

didds

Soc/Assoc
    Rugby Nederland
    Grade
    WR level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Here's Wayne Barnes discussing maintaining contact all the way down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hcuZwTiPU_E

Referees in Wales

Soc/Assoc
    Llanelli District
    Grade
    WRU Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    was that a WRU edict? Or a WR one? Zebra seems to be under the auspices of the SRU?
    I'm pretty sure it was an e-mail from the WRU. I appreciate that Zebra may referee under the auspices of the SRU, but I wouldn't be surprised if the conditions of the insurance are either the same or very similar, but being responsible for my business' Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) one thing I have learnt years ago was if in doubt - check.

Zebra, if I were you I would either e-mail the Refs Dept to ask a straight question or bring it up at the next Referees meeting; and whatever the answer is, make sure it's recorded somewhere. Imagine if you wore a GoPro and clattered into a player (it happens to all of us at some time or another) and the GoPro caused damage and then you found out that you shouldn't have been wearing it in the first place and you weren't insured. The consequences don't bear thinking about. Please check it.

Referees in Scotland

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was an e-mail from the WRU. I appreciate that Zebra may referee under the auspices of the SRU, but I wouldn't be surprised if the conditions of the insurance are either the same or very similar, but being responsible for my business' Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) one thing I have learnt years ago was if in doubt - check.

Zebra, if I were you I would either e-mail the Refs Dept to ask a straight question or bring it up at the next Referees meeting; and whatever the answer is, make sure it's recorded somewhere. Imagine if you wore a GoPro and clattered into a player (it happens to all of us at some time or another) and the GoPro caused damage and then you found out that you shouldn't have been wearing it in the first place and you weren't insured. The consequences don't bear thinking about. Please check it.
    Wore it at an official SRUnsanctioned game with the blessing of the match organiser, worn it whilst being assessed several times and several refs in my local society use them so no edicts have been given to us.

I wear two watches which could cause unjust and carry a whistle which could poke an eye out. Should I stop carrying these too?

Referees in Wales

Soc/Assoc
    Llanelli District
    Grade
    WRU Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra1922 View Post
    .... I wear two watches which could cause unjust and carry a whistle which could poke an eye out. Should I stop carrying these too?
    If you're happy that you're covered, that's all that counts.

Thread Information