Thread: Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post
    Let’s face it he can’t grasp simple economics. Let alone the complexity of social issues across the globe.
    He still thinks
    bilateral trade deficits
    are an issue.
    Oh yes, my favourite.

Trump goes on and on about how 'merica is taking millions and millions of dollars in trade tariffs from the Chinese. The reality is, he is too dumb to realise that is it the American consumers who are actually paying all those dollars... the trade tariffs haven't actually cost the Chinese a single brass razoo in actual money paid.
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:07.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Bay of Plenty
    Grade
    Secondary School
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    Yes and those 119 will have to accept responsibility for other events that may follow. Increase in violent crime, knife attacks, acid attacks, home invasions. Do home invasions take place in NZ?, yet?
    Why would there be an increase in any of those events?

I find it very hard to believe that a criminal is going to choose to commit a crime because the government has banned semi-automatic guns. The chances of someone having a gun in the house ready to defend against a home invader in NZ is negligible. It would not enter into the thinking of anyone. This law makes no difference whatsoever.
    "There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - Dick Jeeps

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by damo View Post
    Why would there be an increase in any of those events?

I find it very hard to believe that a criminal is going to choose to commit a crime because the government has banned semi-automatic guns. The chances of someone having a gun in the house ready to defend against a home invader in NZ is negligible. It would not enter into the thinking of anyone. This law makes no difference whatsoever.
    I see your point. You are correct.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    Oh yes, my favourite.

Trump goes on and on about how 'merica is taking millions and millions of dollars in trade tariffs from the Chinese. The reality is, he is too dumb to realise that is it the American consumers who are actually paying all those dollars... the trade tariffs haven't actually cost the Chinese a single brass razoo in actual money paid.
    Well, you left a red flag, an absolute.

Your red flag sent me to google tariffs.

US importers are responsible for paying the tariffs. US importers will seek to defray their costs in 2 areas. The US consumer and the Chinese exporter are those areas. If the US consumer does not continue to purchase goods at same rate, the US importer will seek lower prices from the Chinese. This in turn will affect Chinese producers. So, yes, the US consumer does pay for the tariff, but not all
    . The long term possibility and cost to Chinese (not actual pay, but a cost) is for US importers to search for new exporters that won't have a tariff.

China has countered with a tariff on US imports. China also charges the tariff to Chinese importers. These Chinese importers also look to defray cost either to Chinese consumer or to the exporter. This has resulted China finding products from countries other than US companies. US farmers trade a soy product to China, but China has found a better price from Brazil.

I'm no economist, but all indicates to me that you are not either.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Well, you left a red flag, an absolute.

Your red flag sent me to google tariffs.

US importers are responsible for paying the tariffs. US importers will seek to defray their costs in 2 areas. The US consumer and the Chinese exporter are those areas. If the US consumer does not continue to purchase goods at same rate, the US importer will seek lower prices from the Chinese. This in turn will affect Chinese producers. So, yes, the US consumer does pay for the tariff, but not all
    . The long term possibility and cost to Chinese (not actual pay, but a cost) is for US importers to search for new exporters that won't have a tariff.

China has countered with a tariff on US imports. China also charges the tariff to Chinese importers. These Chinese importers also look to defray cost either to Chinese consumer or to the exporter. This has resulted China finding products from countries other than US companies. US farmers trade a soy product to China, but China has found a better price from Brazil.

I'm no economist, but all indicates to me that you are not either.

"All" isn't necessarily an absolute

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all

"all those dollars"
    doesn't necessarily mean every last dollar in the same way that "all the time" does necessarily mean every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:07.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

"All" isn't necessarily an absolute

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all

"all those dollars"
    doesn't necessarily mean every last dollar in the same way that "all the time" does necessarily mean every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
    You meant all. You are caught up in leftist rhetoric. How do I know? see below

.. the trade tariffs haven't actually cost the Chinese a single brass razoo in actual money paid.
    So your use of all is misleading, intentional, and lazy. The importers pay directly, and perhaps the importer in the us is a chinese owned company. But it isn't the consumer in "actual money paid"
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 3 Weeks Ago at 22:07.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

LRL, the TDF is fantastic.

Promises to Referee in France

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Is the burqa how France identifies extremists?
    The European Court of Human Rights upheld the French law on 1 July 2014, accepting the argument of the French government that the law was based on "a certain idea of living together".

Source The Guardian (A Leftist publication NWK, in case its reputation hasn’t made it as far as the States.) The beef here, is if a European woman travels to the Gulf States on business, she may well have to don a burka to comply with their local laws. However when these Muslims come to Europe they wish to impose their customs here too. They cannot have it both ways, mutual respect is a two-way street, and not the dead-end being tabled at the moment.
    The law was not aimed at the burqa or veil but any covering of the face in a public place, and also applied to hoods and helmets when not worn on a motor vehicle.
    The Law wasn’t initially targeting these 1,900 traditionalist women, but things quickly became polarised. Motorcycle couriers have most likely been far more impacted by the change in law, yet nobody in the political sphere gives a stuff about them. The idea than any individual walking into a bank with a balaclava (cagoule) on, could be obliged to remove it, was welcomed. France isn’t unique in being a Secular state, it is entitled to ban religion from the public sphere, or so it would seem. Burka clad sucide bombers are not yet a problem in Western Europe, but very much are a problem in several Islamic countries. This brings us (almost) back on topic, because one has to ask is the French Government’s position inclusive, or not?
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 3 Weeks Ago at 16:07.
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

This brings us (almost) back on topic, because one has to ask is the French Government’s position inclusive, or not?
    Is that rhetorical?

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

They cannot have it both ways,
    I might require you to take off your shoes when you visit my house. But then I take off my shoes when I visit your house even if you don't require it. What's the problem?
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Thread Information