Thread: Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    World Rugby may have to study the credo of various churches and draw lists of proscribed organisations

Really?

This is a Poe, right?
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 09-05-19 at 12:05.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

World Rugby may have to study the credo of various churches and draw lists of proscribed organisations
    Done

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality

Now, how do we enforce it?

Promises to Referee in France

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Arrow Re: Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Sounds silly ? Not really we wouldn't allow players to belong to the KKK as long as they kept quiet about their racism. We wouldn't tolerate players belonging to ISIS even if they kept quiet about the jihad.

So perhaps it won't be long before WR proscribe certain churches
    Given the widespread racism in the USA I am very doubtful that there are no members of the KKK in the ranks of their players, and that most probably despite them being vocal about their convictions. But you have a valid point, the underlying racism on this side of the Atlantic would certainly mean some form of discrimination against our Muslim brotherhood extremists, even if they were not vocal.

The old adage «*if your white, you’re alright, if you’re brown stick around, if your black get back!*» I have seen this in action in French Rugby. I don’t subscribe to this way of thinking, however we would be naive to think it isn’t widespread in the Western world.

NKW wiki isn’t the most reliable source of information. Some of those listed are dangerous sects and not in the slightest bit Christian Churches. Since the whole point is about Rugby being inclusive, then it would be contradictory to exclude people because of their religion.
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 09-05-19 at 17:05.
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I am the moment handling a discrimination claim centering around the use of the word "nig**"

Racism over here is blatant, not hidden
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSmith View Post
    I am the moment handling a discrimination claim centering around the use of the word "nig**"

Rugby or work?

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post
    Given the widespread racism in the USA I am very doubtful that there are no members of the KKK in the ranks of their players, and that most probably despite them being vocal about their convictions.

I don’t subscribe to this way of thinking, however we would be naive to think it isn’t widespread in the Western world.

Widespread and blatant. Count me as naive. I do live in the Mid West, so that may add to naivety.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

And I'll bet it has become a lot worse since that pile of steaming excrement masquerading as a president has been squatting in The White House.
    "Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    And I'll bet it has become a lot worse since that pile of steaming excrement masquerading as a president has been squatting in The White House.
    Hey, good news. You and IF have found common ground. President Trump meets a couple categories on IF's list of sins that hell is awaiting.

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

It’s my understanding that hell categorically refuses to have him, ever! Even if frozen over, there is no place for the likes of that clown. It bad enough to have to share the same planet with the likes of Tonald Drump while we’re alive; don’t condemn us to an eternity in his company, that really would be hell. Anyway, to my certain knowledge he prays, so God can have him.

Although one kinda suspects Heaven may have gotten wind of what the man is really like and the pearly gates will be barred against him on that fine and fateful day. Which is bad news for all those poor souls in purgatory, as their suffering will be added to then.

Dickie any chance of asking your Odin-worshipper if Valhalla could use a willing sacrificial victim? A bit plump, but it’s not like they’re obliged to over feed him or anything. What ever happens, don’t let the Buddists get their hands on him, they will simply keep inflicting him on the World, until he changes. (Groundhog day revisited.)
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 10-05-19 at 14:05.
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    Widespread and blatant. Count me as naive. I do live in the Mid West, so that may add to naivety.
    Just Google «*Neo-Nazis in the Midwest*» you may find it’s a tad more widespread than you imagine, NWK.

LMGTFY
    There are 954 total hate groups operating in the United States, according to the Southen Poverty Law Center, including neo-Nazi groups, anti- Muslim groups and anti-immigrant groups, to name a few. They are spread across the country, but there are some regions where they are more prevalent, said Carla Hill, an investigative researcher with the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism. The Midwest – where the TWP hopes to one day set up its whites-only state – is one of those regions.

There are 14 neo-Nazi groups and nine chapters of the KKK in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana alone, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    One online source amongst many
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 10-05-19 at 14:05.
    John Henry Newman

Thread Information