Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NL View Post
    So you are hapy to lose credibility. Presumably you identify as intolerant and non-inclusive, then? Noted.
    good twist on my post, you are proving my point. I spoke of tolerant. inclusive friends. I'm tolerating my friends and showing them their error. Hopefully, but doubtfully, my friends will become more careful so as not to offend

The Tolerance Paradox has been around for a long time. To be tolerant you have to not tolerate intolerance; this isn't an argument against tolerance, it's a refining of what one tolerates. It's not bigoted to be intolerant of those who think that other races should be exterminated, for example, or the word becomes meaningless.
    Ta da, yes bigot is a meaningless word or self deprecating. Placing an adjective to it may make it more useful, but finding a better word to express your opinion may be the solution. Bigot is an easy word to use, til you think about it. Bigot is an intellectually lazy word
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 03-08-19 at 17:08.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It's not bigoted to be intolerant of those who think that other races should be exterminated, for example, .
    Oh yes it is. And in this case, for example, a bigot of Nazis is just fine.

So to use an adjective. An anti-Nazi bigot is just fine.

IF is an anti-homosexual getting into heaven if they do not repent bigot. Why?, I can only speculate, but I ain't gonna hate him. I think he is incorrectly informed. His brain is as vulnerable as anyone's.
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 03-08-19 at 17:08.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    FNCRRA
    Grade
    L1 Ref & L2 AR
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Wallabies have played 2 tests for 1W & 1L without IF and people are already saying Izzy who?
    As far as his playing career goes he will be forgotten as quickly as yesterday’s newspaper.
    His cousin has been let go from his job at a Catholic school for sprouting anti-catholic vitriol in line with Izzy’s dad’s church (“Christian beliefs”). Now I may be a dumb old b*****d, but I’m guessing that there would have been a reasonable number of Catholics, who identify as part of the Christian community, who would have contributed to Izzy’s fighting fund.
    I wonder if Izzy’s dad has told his nephew to sue for unfair dismissal on the grounds of a violation of his religious freedom?
    If the ACL wasn’t bankrolling Izzy, he would already be yesterday’s news with people realising that he was just a rugby player, employed by RA, using his profile to ear-bash the general public with his “fundamentalist” religious views.
    The ACL are using IF to push their own agenda. Is IF’s case any different to his cousin’s? I don’t see the ACL jumping up and down and fundraising for the cousin.
    Last edited by The Fat; 03-08-19 at 22:08.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
    It's the same when you are stupid.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lots for me to comment on. so all me to use the infamous red letters

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat View Post
    Wallabies have played 2 tests for 1W & 1L without IF and people are already saying Izzy who?
    Yeah, cause the Wallys are professional rugby players and there is 4 million more to be had
    As far as his playing career goes he will be forgotten as quickly as yesterday’s newspaper. Tru dat
    His cousin has been let go from his job at a Catholic school for sprouting anti-catholic vitriol in line with Izzy’s dad’s church (“Christian beliefs”). Now I may be a dumb old b*****d, but I’m guessing that there would have been a reasonable number of Catholics, who identify as part of the Christian community, who would have contributed to Izzy’s fighting fund. A fool and his money...
    I wonder if Izzy’s dad has told his nephew to sue for unfair dismissal on the grounds of a violation of his religious freedom? Nope, no money to be had
    If the ACL wasn’t bankrolling Izzy, he would already be yesterday’s news with people realising that he was just a rugby player, employed by RA, using his profile to ear-bash the general public with his “fundamentalist” religious views. Yeah, famous people lose their minds and think they are important i.e. Mike Jackson, Tom Cruise, Howard Hughes, hollywood. I suspect that is what happens when success comes to easily and at a young age, such as IF
    The ACL are using IF to push their own agenda. Is IF’s case any different to his cousin’s? I don’t see the ACL jumping up and down and fundraising for the cousin.Yes, extremely different. RA is on the hook for 4 million. The Catholic Church is in Rome, just North of Sicily. I think Sicily will win.
    Fat, Quality discussion on you part. THX
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 04-08-19 at 00:08.

Promises to Referee in France

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Can’t help feeling you missed a couple of US Presidents off your list of famous people. Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump fit the lost their minds criteria quite well.

Elsewhere, it looks as the Christchurch attack has spawned a copycat attack in El Paso, I suspect his online justification is no longer visible, but odd that this sort of Redneck is even aware of countries outside the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFP
    Trump condemns the attack
    . that I find contradictory, DT encourages Racial division (speaking of an invasion over the southern border) and he supports the NRA. (Even if only out of self interest) He must genuinely be Schizo, he certainly has a decreased ability to understand reality. I hope the shooter quotes Trump in his defence, as it will show how divisive the US President is. Words have meaning, and he needs to be held accountable for the consequences of his hateful words. Donald Trump is following in the footsteps of Hitler, a charismatic leader who doesn’t half spout a lot of non sense.
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 04-08-19 at 11:08.
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    Hil aint Polynesian. IF is, isn't he?

Exactly!
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay "Utah" Windley

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    Exactly!
    So, 'stick a fork in him/her - he/she is done' cannot be racist to Hillary because she it white, or this phrase is a well known figure of speech that cannot ever be misinterpreted intentionally.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    (South) Yorkshire Referee's Society
    Grade
    Level 7
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

msfff
    Last edited by Lee Lifeson-Peart; 05-08-19 at 17:08.
    It's like a big tide of jam coming towards us, but jam made out of old women......Father Dougal McGuire 1998

Promises to Referee in France

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Lifeson-Peart View Post
    msfff
    That’s a whiteist comment if ever I saw one. Or do I mean whitest?
    "We demand strict proof for opinions we dislike, but are satisfied with mere hints for what we’re inclined to accept."
    John Henry Newman

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    Exactly!
    Were the Tongans cannibals in the their history?

Maybe 'Stick a fork in him - he's done' is a slur

Thread Information