Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does a penalty try count as a conversion?

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does a penalty try count as a conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Flish, as i am sure OB can confirm, a converted try used to be called a goal and was worth 5 points with the try itself just worth 3, so I would presume that the PT is regarded as a converted try on any countback.
    That was my gut thought too, but when I read the wording in law it’s just 7 points, no mention of goals - and we know how much we value the wording!

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Decorily View Post
    Curious what others here think of 'sharing' a title after a drawn game in a youths final?
    Ive absolute;y no qualms about calling is shared - are we really thatd esperate to pick a winner between two youth sides by co9unting back how many penbalty corners or free throws (you get my drift) a side had?

However - organisers need to be prepared and have two cups/shields available... cos holding it for 6 months then swapping it around is doomed to failure (based on reported similar occurrences with trophies going missing etc!)

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    Ive absolute;y no qualms about calling is shared - are we really thatd esperate to pick a winner between two youth sides by co9unting back how many penbalty corners or free throws (you get my drift) a side had?

However - organisers need to be prepared and have two cups/shields available... cos holding it for 6 months then swapping it around is doomed to failure (based on reported similar occurrences with trophies going missing etc!)
    Agree, firstly, I think home advantage at youth level is not a huge advantage, some familiarity I'd agree but if my club is anything to go by you never get the same pitch (ground even) / changing rooms / warm up spot twice and your fanbase might only be in double figures.

As to multiple trophies, good luck with that, I reffed a merit league cup final the other week and they ended up lifting one of the coaches wives best flower arranging bowl (try to ignore the other action shots) as the trophy had disappeared (I kid you not!)
    Last edited by Flish; 16-04-19 at 07:04.

Thread Information