Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

      
  1. #31

    Referees in America
    thepercy's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    New York State Rugby Referees Society
    Grade
    Level 1
    Join Date
    21 Sep 13
    Posts
    635
    Thanks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    I think it's a good idea.
    I tend to do it when a team is likely to take a quick tap .. so they decide to take a quick tap against 15 players , or wait for the card and play against 14 more organised ones
    If I blow for a PK and a card is coming, double peep, time off, then card. I guess if they were 5 M out and no defenders around, but had lost advantage through their own offense, maybe I'd let them QT, but only if I was certain they would score. If they don't score and go 15 phases and you go back to card for an offense before the QT it will be very awkward.

  2. #32

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    16,674
    Thanks (Received)
    127
    Likes (Received)
    1611

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by thepercy View Post
    If I blow for a PK and a card is coming, double peep, time off, then card. I guess if they were 5 M out and no defenders around, but had lost advantage through their own offense, maybe I'd let them QT, but only if I was certain they would score. If they don't score and go 15 phases and you go back to card for an offense before the QT it will be very awkward.
    It's really not. Back for the YC

  3. #33

    Referees in England
    beckett50's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    East Midlands
    Grade
    Level 6
    Join Date
    31 Jan 04
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks (Received)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by thepercy View Post
    If I blow for a PK and a card is coming, double peep, time off, then card. I guess if they were 5 M out and no defenders around, but had lost advantage through their own offense, maybe I'd let them QT, but only if I was certain they would score. If they don't score and go 15 phases and you go back to card for an offense before the QT it will be very awkward.
    Totally agree with this; but in the OP - and my earlier post - we were playing 'Penalty Advantage' and permitting the non-offending team to play as they see fit until advantage is over.
    --------------------

    https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=691560798


    "Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf" Native American Proverb

    Vanillaisforicecream

  4. #34
    Player or Coach

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1
    Join Date
    02 Nov 18
    Posts
    240
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Im still interested in OP. Zebra said that he was thinking YC. I'm unsure if he means he was contemplating if it warranted a YC or if he had decided that it was a YC, then reversed his call after the try was scored.

  5. #35

    Referees in Scotland


    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    20 Dec 17
    Posts
    412
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    90

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arabcheif View Post
    Im still interested in OP. Zebra said that he was thinking YC. I'm unsure if he means he was contemplating if it warranted a YC or if he had decided that it was a YC, then reversed his call after the try was scored.

    I had decided it was a YC offence (attacker did not run into defender, defender deliberately moved to tackle within 1m of the mark). Attackers scored in 2 phases after the offence and I then decided the try was sufficient ‘punishment’. If a try had not been scored I would have issued the YC. My question was asking you guys if you thought that was right as I was questioning my inconsistency here and why I decided not to YC just because a try was scored.

    Some comments about tenor of game etc. I think in hindsight I probably should have issued the YC after the score. If the offence was a high tackle worthy of a YC I’d have likely still issued the YC so I don’t see why I shouldn’t treat this offside tackle in the same way (as long as I deemed it worthy of a YC which I did).

  6. #36
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cardiff Society of Welsh Rugby Union Referees
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    05 Jan 18
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra1922 View Post
    I had decided it was a YC offence (attacker did not run into defender, defender deliberately moved to tackle within 1m of the mark). Attackers scored in 2 phases after the offence and I then decided the try was sufficient ‘punishment’. If a try had not been scored I would have issued the YC. My question was asking you guys if you thought that was right as I was questioning my inconsistency here and why I decided not to YC just because a try was scored.

    Some comments about tenor of game etc. I think in hindsight I probably should have issued the YC after the score. If the offence was a high tackle worthy of a YC I’d have likely still issued the YC so I don’t see why I shouldn’t treat this offside tackle in the same way (as long as I deemed it worthy of a YC which I did).


    In view of you confiming my understand of the scenario. I stand by my comment that the card stands whatever happens afterwards. As, from the OP, I think you deep down feel also.

    But hey, we've all forgotton who it was etc.
    Last edited by Marc Wakeham; 27-04-19 at 09:04.

  7. #37
    Player or Coach

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1
    Join Date
    02 Nov 18
    Posts
    240
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Fair enough, in that case, yeah I agree Yellow Card probably should've been issued. I thought you were contemplating IF it was worthy of a Yellow, then decided it didn't.

  8. #38

    Referees in Scotland


    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    20 Dec 17
    Posts
    412
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    90

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wakeham View Post
    In view of you confiming my understand of the scenario. I stand by my comment that the card stands whatever happens afterwards. As, from the OP, I think you deep down feel also.

    But hey, we've all forgotton who it was etc.
    Don't joke, I regularly play advantage then come back for the penalty and when asked can't for the life of me remember what the offence was.

  9. #39

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    16,674
    Thanks (Received)
    127
    Likes (Received)
    1611

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra1922 View Post
    Don't joke, I regularly play advantage then come back for the penalty and when asked can't for the life of me remember what the offence was.
    For me the solution is to say it out loud ,bRed 10 offside .

    Then I rmemebr

  10. #40
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cardiff Society of Welsh Rugby Union Referees
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    05 Jan 18
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Default Re: Offence warranting YC the. Try, go back and YC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra1922 View Post
    Don't joke, I regularly play advantage then come back for the penalty and when asked can't for the life of me remember what the offence was.
    Me too. I've even forgotton who was due to have a scrum when there has been a delay. I now have a little aide to assist me.

    Age does not come alone!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •