Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RSA vs ITA - Uncontested Scrums?

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: RSA vs ITA - Uncontested Scrums?

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post

AIUI had they had the head injury first, followed by a hamstring they would have been down to 14
    how incredibly sensible.

Doesn't ANYBODY vaguely in charge EVER think these things through? Stewth...

didds

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

In general manoff seems to be going out of fashion isn't it ?
    My local leagues are increasingly abandoning it.
    I wonder if its just simply because its too confusing for everybody involved ? let alone being a law/rule/reg that is built around the elite level that just doesn't work in the grass roots 4th XV where some teams are only able to get 13 out to start with, but play anyway so everybody (including oppo and refs ) get a game wjatever, bu7t face a scenario of being down to 12 before they even include a possible injury

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Where teams turn up without a front row the current vogue is that they can choose to play with 14 or play with a penalty.

If they start with a front row and later go uncontested it's becoming less common to have man off, but it's supposed to be reported to the organisers to monitor it .. looking for repeat offenders

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Where teams turn up without a front row the current vogue is that they can choose to play with 14 or play with a penalty.
    as in the oppo start the game with a PK? Or some points awarded before KO to the oppo?

If they start with a front row and later go uncontested it's becoming less common to have man off, but it's supposed to be reported to the organisers to monitor it .. looking for repeat offenders
    so a club that is struggling for numbers generally or unable to attract FRs to them (posisbly after injuries follwoing the seasoin beginning) can get penalsied? How does that help anybody get a game going and players in the game, clubs afloat etc ? its a general question, not specifically aimed at CR

didds

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

A points penalty.. in one league I ref you can choose either to play with 14 or play with 15 and start 14-0 down

If a team drops to uncontested one strand of thinking at grassroots is that it is crazy to have a sub shivering on the touchline and only 14 allowed on the pitch
    In the grassroots get people on the field playing rugby....

In some cases there may be a points penalty .

I don't know what happens to repeat offenders (I would hazard a guess no one ever bothers to report in .. except in the rare occasions when teams are really arsing about )
    Last edited by crossref; 4 Days Ago at 15:10.

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Man off law applies in leagues around me (DN1 -> 3) if you don't comply with minimum no of FR replacements you suffer a bonus point loss in the event of uncontested, happened once to me when I binned the hooker - they suffered a bonus point loss anyway!

Coach/Referee

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

There seems to be two different scenarios being discussed here as if both had the same consequences.

A... A team not being able to field a front row and their respective replacements.

B. ..A team fielding a front row and replacements but having to go uncontested during the course of the game as a result of multiple injuries.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Decorily View Post
    There seems to be two different scenarios being discussed here as if both had the same consequences.

A... A team not being able to field a front row and their respective replacements.

B. ..A team fielding a front row and replacements but having to go uncontested during the course of the game as a result of multiple injuries.
    Yes the various leagues I ref in .. ie merit tables distinguish those two cases.

The trend I perceive is to penalise teams who turn up without a front row but less so the ones who end up without one

But all the competition have different rules

Thread Information