Player or Coach

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Team Y/C

Just a wee thought. We have the facility to issue a Y/C for repeated team infringements. Is it normal practice to count any offence in this or just ones that one blows for and penalises. Do we include immaterial offences that we've not PK'd in the total for repeated infringements?

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Team Y/C

You wouldn't include immaterial offences not worth a PK

But you can include offences you played adv for.
    Eg if if it a
    Offence , adv played
    2nd offence , adv played
    3rd offence , whistle

You can count that as three, if appropriate

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    East Midlands
    Grade
    Level 6
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Arabcheif View Post
    Just a wee thought. We have the facility to issue a Y/C for repeated team infringements. Is it normal practice to count any offence in this or just ones that one blows for and penalises. Do we include immaterial offences that we've not PK'd in the total for repeated infringements?
    As crossref alludes. You wouldn't count an immaterial offence in the 'count' but you might - from a game management viewpoint - want to make the Captain and errant player aware of the transgression.

With regard to the specific of your OP; yes, you should count the advantage in the count because were it not for the fortitude and vision of the non-offending team then there would have been a stoppage for a PK.

You also need to heed where the PKs occur. ie do they ramp up in frequency when the defenders are inside their own 22m, or are they all over the park? If you do have a chat to the Captains try and speak in succinct terms but be careful not to back yourself into a corner by saying "the penalty and " because the next PK may well be a 'simple' ball carrier not releasing when 5m from the opposition goal line.

The YC needs to be used a management tool to get the cheats off the pitch. On Friday night Wasps conceded over 20 penalties and I would suggest that there should have been to temper this. The earlier you can show it then the easier will be the game management - I would suggest
    --------------------

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=691560798

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf" Native American Proverb

Vanillaisforicecream

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Where I occasionally referees get tied down is breakdown penalties.

For example: 2 for hands, 2 for not rolling away, 2 for going off feet. No card.
    Why, you ask? Because the referee didn't believe that 2 PKs met the criteria for repeated infringements. I tend to take the approach that if you're killing the ball at the breakdown, I don't care which subsection of law it falls under, they all count.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSmith View Post
    Where I occasionally referees get tied down is breakdown penalties.

For example: 2 for hands, 2 for not rolling away, 2 for going off feet. No card.
    Why, you ask? Because the referee didn't believe that 2 PKs met the criteria for repeated infringements. I tend to take the approach that if you're killing the ball at the breakdown, I don't care which subsection of law it falls under, they all count.
    and that makes sense to me too. Otherwise savvy teams will just alter the variation of offence

didds

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North & NSWRRA
    Grade
    Level 1 Ref/Level 2 AR
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

At a society meeting we saw a video of Stu Dickinson (ex international referee) give a yellow card after about 2 minutes of play without having blown a penalty - there were a series of advantages as one team worked its way down the field, then when play broke down PK and YC.

Thread Information