Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 141 to 147 of 147

Thread: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

      
  1. #141

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    12,558
    Thanks (Received)
    115
    Likes (Received)
    1392

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Capture.jpg

    "sir, please remove your flag from covering sponsor's signage"

    [in best French accent] "you nasty homophobe, I fart in your general direction"
    Last edited by Dickie E; 2 Days Ago at 10:02.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  2. #142

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    2,060
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    114
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post
    As Brel put it, ďOn n'ťtait pas du mÍme bord. On n'ťtait pas du mÍme cheminĒ
    What path would you have chosen if you were the assigned ref to this Dragons/Tigers game, and you were aware IF would be playing?

    This being a referee site and all.

  3. #143

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    2,060
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    114
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post

    The notion that he is entitled to say what he wants, gives bigotry a form of legitimacy. So much so, that some bigoted little man felt entitled to squash the freedom of speech of a tiny minority.
    Free speech is far from a notion. It gives you the freedom to speak against any bigotry view that which you do not agree.

    Who is the bigoted little man in your post, or is that a figure of speech?
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 1 Day Ago at 00:02.

  4. #144

    Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!
    SimonSmith's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    8,477
    Thanks (Received)
    61
    Likes (Received)
    797

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    Free speech is far from a notion. It gives you the freedom to speak against any bigotry view that which you do not agree.

    Who is the bigoted little man in your post, or is that a figure of speech?
    There is a perfectly legitimate view, outside the USA, that speech in the oppression or hatred of protected characteristics is not to be protected.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

    Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

    Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

  5. #145

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    2,060
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    114
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonSmith View Post
    There is a perfectly legitimate view, outside the USA, that speech in the oppression or hatred of protected characteristics is not to be protected.
    I think you have made a perfectly legitimate decision to live in USA.

    How broad is this perfectly legitimate view that you speak of? What are protected characteristics? Who decided what protected characteristics are? And how are they protected?, by laws?, how are laws enforced?

    There are about 70-74 countries where homosexuality is illegal. Is this perfectly legitimate view in the remaining 120 or so countries?

    Are fat people a protected characteristic? or are rugby referees? or police officers? or Vegans? or cyclops? or fossil fuel burners? or drunks

    I need a group, what group am I in? Oh I'm in the group that lets stupid people talk, and let them show how stupid they can be, and how fragile their view, and even that they have this wacko view.

    Thx for letting me talk
    Last edited by Not Kurt Weaver; 1 Day Ago at 03:02.

  6. #146

    Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!
    SimonSmith's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    8,477
    Thanks (Received)
    61
    Likes (Received)
    797

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kurt Weaver View Post
    I think you have made a perfectly legitimate decision to live in USA.

    How broad is this perfectly legitimate view that you speak of? What are protected characteristics? Who decided what protected characteristics are? And how are they protected?, by laws?, how are laws enforced?

    There are about 70-74 countries where homosexuality is illegal. Is this perfectly legitimate view in the remaining 120 or so countries?

    Are fat people a protected characteristic? or are rugby referees? or police officers? or Vegans? or cyclops? or fossil fuel burners? or drunks

    I need a group, what group am I in? Oh I'm in the group that lets stupid people talk, and let them show how stupid they can be, and how fragile their view, and even that they have this wacko view.

    Thx for letting me talk
    Stop being an ass.
    (Being an ass isn't a protected characteristic)
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

    Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

    Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

  7. #147

    Referees in America
    Not Kurt Weaver's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Join Date
    11 Sep 08
    Posts
    2,060
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    114
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Folauís online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonSmith View Post
    (Being an ass isn't a protected characteristic)
    I can show you an 8 million dollar settlement to prove that it is protected

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •