Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

      
  1. #41
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cardiff Society of Welsh Rugby Union Referees
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    05 Jan 18
    Posts
    1,715
    Thanks (Received)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    410

    Default Re: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post
    Not sure I agree. You yourself have never let slip any foul language on, or near the field of play?
    No I have not. Thanks all the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beckett50 View Post
    One could also argue that the actions of the Munster medic sparked Sarries to up their game as well.

    I think that Marc Wakeham is suggesting that the response by EPCR is too light, in that the medic concerned showed little - if any - professional courtesy or respect for any of the game values. I tend to agree that the sanction should have been harsher.
    THais is exactly what I'm saying.

  2. #42

    Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!
    SimonSmith's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    8,489
    Thanks (Received)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    811

    Default Re: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post
    Not sure I agree. You yourself have never let slip any foul language on, or near the field of play?

    This example of ERC fining a team doctor for calling the opposition hooker “a fat so-n-so”. They only did so because they had to be seen to keep from bringing the game into disrepute. Everyone could plainly see the player was acting the twat (spoiling for a fight because unable at that point of the match to break down the opposition) and deserved a dressing down; argument centered around the medic’s choice of words. Did he use the c word? Nobody actually heard what was said on live TV. What’s wrong with calling a spade a spade?

    Moral of the story 30 players behave disgracefully plus a team of four who don’t deal with the incident satisfactorily. Somebody has to be punished. Restarting with a penalty against Black10 for joining the 30-man fray,was ridiculous. Either penalize Red and send their medic from the playing enclosure or penalize Black 2 for trying to provoke a fight ; or perhaps Red 7 for retaliation. However don’t just make up a penalty; zero credibility Monsieur Gauzère . Ironically, the unfairness of the penalty sparked Sarries to up their game and ultimately helped them close out this game. Who ever said a referee’s decisions can’t influence the outcome of a game of such small margins.
    Is your argument that the Medic shouldn't have received any sanction at all?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

    Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

    Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

  3. #43

    Referees in England
    Lee Lifeson-Peart's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    (South) Yorkshire Referee's Society
    Grade
    Level 7
    Join Date
    12 Mar 08
    Posts
    7,330
    Thanks (Received)
    53
    Likes (Received)
    710

    Default Re: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

    Is it the "Fat **** or the aftermath or the fact JK is a doctor that is the issue?

    It's very much the same language used by Peter O'Mahony when he and Kyle Sinckler (Ireland v England - last year?) squared up to each other and nothing of note happened. Other than the commentators apologised and I laughed a lot.
    It's like a big tide of jam coming towards us, but jam made out of old women......Father Dougal McGuire 1998

  4. #44

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    18,170
    Thanks (Received)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    1861

    Default Re: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

    for me the sanction seems about right - a fine that is annoying but not bankrupting, and a suspended ban that will come into force if he there is any subsequent. Good call

  5. #45
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cardiff Society of Welsh Rugby Union Referees
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    05 Jan 18
    Posts
    1,715
    Thanks (Received)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    410

    Default Re: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Lifeson-Peart View Post
    Is it the "Fat **** or the aftermath or the fact JK is a doctor that is the issue?

    It's very much the same language used by Peter O'Mahony when he and Kyle Sinckler (Ireland v England - last year?) squared up to each other and nothing of note happened. Other than the commentators apologised and I laughed a lot.
    Players have "heat of the moment" incidents. Off field staff are not part of that "situation". they should be judged differently.

  6. #46

    Referees in England
    Lee Lifeson-Peart's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    (South) Yorkshire Referee's Society
    Grade
    Level 7
    Join Date
    12 Mar 08
    Posts
    7,330
    Thanks (Received)
    53
    Likes (Received)
    710

    Default Re: Saracens vs Munster European Rugby Champions Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wakeham View Post
    Players have "heat of the moment" incidents. Off field staff are not part of that "situation". they should be judged differently.
    Fair enough.
    It's like a big tide of jam coming towards us, but jam made out of old women......Father Dougal McGuire 1998

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •