None
    Grade
    Level 1
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Not contesting line out maul at all

Quote Originally Posted by breako View Post
    Looking at law 10

So the point here is the defense are making no effort to tackle or get to the ball carrier, then the attack are actually gaining no advantage.
    They are not "Preventing the opposition from playing as they wish"

The offending team aren't gaining an advantage if the defense are making no effort to play the ball or tackle.

Another good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdlBMs-Juxw

This example is slightly different. Defending player binds on to bring the player down before the Maul forms. So he's engaged to form the Maul. That's why the play was allowed to continue like that.

Further to this in the above's Scenario 3 - the ball will most likely have left the LoT by the passing it back to another player. I'd allow the tackle on the ball carrier at the back as no Maul offside lines. But I'd be calling use it before that happens.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    East Midlands
    Grade
    Level 6
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Not contesting line out maul at all

Quote Originally Posted by Arabcheif View Post
    This example is slightly different. Defending player binds on to bring the player down before the Maul forms. So he's engaged to form the Maul. That's why the play was allowed to continue like that.

Further to this in the above's Scenario 3 - the ball will most likely have left the LoT by the passing it back to another player. I'd allow the tackle on the ball carrier at the back as no Maul offside lines. But I'd be calling use it before that happens.
    I view this differently. The opposing player attempted to tackle the ball carrier as he came to ground, and failed to complete the tackle.

There is no maul formed and so this should, IMHO, have been a "Use it" call.
    --------------------

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=691560798

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf" Native American Proverb

Vanillaisforicecream

Thread Information