Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

      
  1. #41

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    12,666
    Thanks (Received)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    1438

    Default Re: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    Pk to blue (9 don't do that ..)
    Scrum to blue
    Scrum to blue
    I want to hear what jz558 thinks. But thanks for chiming in.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  2. #42

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    18,419
    Thanks (Received)
    162
    Likes (Received)
    1924

    Default Re: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    I want to hear what jz558 thinks. But thanks for chiming in.
    Ah, if it was intended just for jz, you shoulda sent it in a private message ..

  3. #43
    Rugby Club Member Rich_NL's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Rugby Nederland
    Grade
    WR level 2
    Join Date
    13 Apr 15
    Posts
    1,343
    Thanks (Received)
    23
    Likes (Received)
    382

    Default Re: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

    "(9 don't do that)" is surely assumed for every decision we discuss anyway?

  4. #44

    ELRA/Club Referee


    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    08 Nov 18
    Posts
    157
    Thanks (Received)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    57

    Default Re: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    I want to hear what jz558 thinks. But thanks for chiming in.
    I'd give the same answers as Crossref to your specific questions but I guess you are referring to my earlier question. The point I was making is that I don't understand why you would be sure that the law makers meant 'dangerous play' given that there are sanctionable offences which fall outside that category but are included in the definition of 'foul play' Deliberate offending also falls into this category but when combined with dangerous play seems much more encompassing.

  5. #45

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    12,666
    Thanks (Received)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    1438

    Default Re: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jz558 View Post
    I'd give the same answers as Crossref to your specific questions but I guess you are referring to my earlier question. The point I was making is that I don't understand why you would be sure that the law makers meant 'dangerous play' given that there are sanctionable offences which fall outside that category but are included in the definition of 'foul play' Deliberate offending also falls into this category but when combined with dangerous play seems much more encompassing.
    but under advantage law I can't think of an example where non-dangerous 'foul play' out trumps a previous knock on. Can you?
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  6. #46

    ELRA/Club Referee


    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    08 Nov 18
    Posts
    157
    Thanks (Received)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    57

    Default Re: Whose knock-on is it anyway ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    but under advantage law I can't think of an example where non-dangerous 'foul play' out trumps a previous knock on. Can you?
    To be fair there aren't many but, since its topical, how about Alun Wyn Jones knocks on whilst going to ground to retrieve a ball and on regaining his feet Marler introduces himself in the manner he did on Saturday. Tenuous I appreciate but I would definitely consider 'non-dangerous misconduct' as out trumping your rights to the put in

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •