Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Restart into in goal - defender kicks it dead via touch in goal - decision?

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Cambridge and St Neots
    Grade
    I am a Fan
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Restart into in goal - defender kicks it dead via touch in goal - decision?

I believe Lancsbarts is referring to his original case that did actually happen as opposed to the hypotheticals that didn't.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Restart into in goal - defender kicks it dead via touch in goal - decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Camquin View Post
    I believe Lancsbarts is referring to his original case that did actually happen as opposed to the hypotheticals that didn't.
    I am still not completely clear what happened in the orginal case, as while lancsbart said kicked into touch in goal he also said

Quote Originally Posted by Lancsbarts View Post
    He literally picked it straight up and booted it as far as he could. Obviously unaware of the law and was looking to basically get as far up field as he could so by interpretation, re start or scrum back as played "without delay". One to remember for next time!!
    which sounds like he kicked it upfield into touch - so not a restart/scrum back at all - but play on (lineout)

Thread Information