Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I "ignore" a thread so it doesnt even show in a forum list of threads?

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach

Default How do I "ignore" a thread so it doesnt even show in a forum list of threads?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2

Default Re: How do I "ignore" a thread so it doesnt even show in a forum list of threads?

This was possible, using a hack, up to Version 3.8. In later versions, that hack no longer works

We have Version 4.2.3

Some time ago Robbie was considering switching the forum over to Xenforo. AFAIK, that cannot even be hacked to achieve the function you want.
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay Windley

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2

Default Re: How do I "ignore" a thread so it doesnt even show in a forum list of threads?

Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    are you sick of the Chiefs thread? In the words of the Eagles "you can check out but you can never leave".
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach

Not "sick" of it... it just has reached a stage (somewhile ago) where its no longer about rugby . Its now just semantics and has long passed the point of moving the debate offline.

whatever.

didds

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2

you could always ask an admin to close it.

Personally, I find it somewhat cathartic. I get the opportunity to explore my unconscious biases in a safe space. YMMV, of course.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

mods should curate threads away, it's what they are for.
    It's like the way we ref, spotting potential trouble and extinguishing it before it's a problem

Resident Club Coach

Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post

Personally, I find it somewhat cathartic. I get the opportunity to explore my unconscious biases in a safe space. YMMV, of course.
    Id imagine the admins can work stuff like that out for themselves. It just keeps popping up when there is an update - Id rather just be able to set it so it never appears to me but everybody else can carry on, given it cant clearly be taken offline between various protagonsits.

no biggy. i just wondered if there was an automagic method to ignore the thrtead completely.

ill just continue to manually filter it

Referees in America
    Rank Bajin!

Soc/Assoc
    Virginia (USA)
    Grade
    B3

We have always modded with a light touch, and only close threads in rare circumstances. The Chiefs thread is not yet one of those circumstances.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    New York State Rugby Referees Society
    Grade
    Level 1

There is a super low tech solution here, it's called the scroll on by method, if you see something you don't like, or that is no longer interesting to you, you just keep scrolling on by.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    Ohio
    Grade
    C3
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post

I was expecting a sarcasm emoji with your opportunity sentence

Thread Information