PDA

View Full Version : Official Akuma Rugby & RugbyRefs.com Merchandise

Robert Burns
28-03-12, 18:03
I'm pleased to say that RugbyRefs is in the final stages of a partnership with Akuma to produce a range of clothing for referees, and possibly more. (Big Thanks to DDJamo for the introduction!)

The site look will change soon to incorporate Akuma's support of RugbyRefs.com and they will look after all the orders & dispatch.

The items will be quality items that will impress your fellow referees and societies, and will hopefully bring the Akuma name into Rugby Referee societies & associations.

Below you will see a small handful of rough designs, Akuma are creating the final versions this week & next.

We are hoping the range will be available very soon, and will include all we have spoken about before, plus jackets, etc, for assessors/supporters, and female fit shirts & shorts.

The price of this gear is yet to be determined, We are both keen to get this gear to you at a competitive price, so to make the prices cheaper we will need a firm idea of numbers for the first batch, the more people buy them, they cheaper they will be. They have even thrown in the idea of putting the country flag of your choice on the sleeve, sort of like we have here, for a bit of individuality.

The exception is the training top, which Akuma have told me can be made bespoke in a variety of colours. So whatever floats your boat.

Orders will initially be taken through the forums and on email until Akuma's online shop is opened around August/Sept, when it will be sold through there.

For Australian/NZ orders I suggest we order in a batch to make shipping cheaper at the start, and then you can order as you like.

Initially orders will be in GB£ with the option for US$, but as the exchange rate is in most peoples favour (and the company is in the UK, so isn't losing out), I think sticking with the pound for the moment is the best deal.

Hopefully the range will be good for you to use in refereeing & everyday life.

Let me know your thoughts, click on the pics to make them bigger.

Kit Bag:

Caps:

Polo Shrts

Refs Top 1

Refs top 2

Tracksuit

Training Top

T Shirts

Robert Burns
15-05-12, 03:05
Sorry for it being a bit slow guys, this is Akuma's busiest time, however the following bundles have been sent over for review and I think they look good.

A NH & a SH Bundle.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/NHB.pdf
http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/SHB.pdf

These are geared for the NH & SH but not exclusive too, so the ladies stuff will be available to SH lady refs as well, etc...

Robert Burns
17-09-12, 18:09
In order to remove the need for people to trawl through lots of posts about what was happening I have created a new one.

Please see the attached Flyers for prices, I'll bring across the posts with the other flyers in a sec.

When your computers update as well you will see that the BG has changed to incorporate the Akuma Rugby logo on the left side.

The guys from Akuma have a login and account here, so should be able to answer any questions you specifically have regarding the kit.

Robert Burns
17-09-12, 18:09
Photos will be available soon after Phil and his fellow refs (Thanks to Warwickshire Society, who were also winners of the best website of the year in 2011, for their assistance) have had their photo shoot.

We are also looking for a Referee around the Warwickshire area, who referees at a good junior standard (U16/U17) and is at least a little photogenic to use the kit in a game to allow Akuma to get some 'action shots'. We understand (and fully respect) that most societies will have sponsorship commitments so will not be able to assist, hence why I believe a good 'club ref' would be beneficial. (Also be good to raise the awareness of these guys who give up their weekends to ref kids at their clubs). If you or your club would like to help please email me at robert@rugbyrefs.com.

DrSTU
17-09-12, 20:09
What's the Gold, Silver and Bronze thing?

dave_clark
different packages i would guess.

i've not looked at the others, but the GBP prices look to be a little steep to me. i am half scottish which may explain it, so does anyone else also think so?

DrSTU
oh I get it I'm supposed to read it as a column!

Prices are different for USA and UK though. Beanie is $12.50 and 12.50. Price seems fair to me though.

andyscott
17-09-12, 22:09
I am very tempted by it.

Any chance of adding initials or name? say free if we bought the whole package? or by item for individual orders?
Just a way of slight personalisation.

Robert Burns
18-09-12, 05:09
Yes,

Akuma did confirm earlier that individualism (flags, initials, etc) of certain pieces of kit are available (training kit I believe).

Not sure if extra cost or if would be able to be included as a Package, Akuma would have to confirm that.

TheBFG
18-09-12, 12:09
Just me or is £90.00 for shirt, shorts, socks a little steep :chin:

Taff
18-09-12, 15:09
Just me or is £90.00 for shirt, shorts, socks a little steep :chin:£77.50 surely?

Ie £70 "discounted package" and £7.50 UK delivery.

TheBFG
£77.50 surely?

ah worked that out now :redface:, sizes and how do we order?

Davet
£77.50 surely?

Frankly spending over £20 on shirt, shorts and socks seems a bit steep to me.

TheBFG
Frankly spending over £20 on shirt, shorts and socks seems a bit steep to me.

He's got a point, it's free in zummerzet :wink:

dave_clark
18-09-12, 17:09
The shirts for my club refs come to 15 quid a time. just throwing it out there ;-)

Davet
18-09-12, 18:09
£15 for a shirt - say a fiver for shorts, and a good negotiator should be able to get a pair of sock thrown in...

Lee Lifeson-Peart
18-09-12, 20:09
What's the Gold, Silver and Bronze thing?

If it's anything like the Olympics folk in the SH won't be getting Gold or Silver.

Robert Burns
19-09-12, 01:09
You need to remember some distinct differences.

With your society / association they buy approx 300 - 400 shirts (all the same). They have the quantity to be able to negotiate price.

Here it is going to be a range of shirts that has a potential to be bought by thousands (if all members bought one) or fifty, if not many buy them.

You also need to remember that by purchasing some kit you are helping the site, which is available yo everyone for free, without any annoying adverts or pop ups. Just built on what I can afford, and maintained by the same plus the generous donations of members.

Next, look at the price of replica kits, at least £50 a shirt.

These items will be good quality, much better than the Ram ones, those who already have Akuma shirts will be able to attest to this.

DrSTU
Rob,

Have you considered rounding up members of the site and shoving coal "up there" I'm sure you'll produce some diamonds and be able to cover all future costs:biggrin:

You need to remember some distinct differences.

With your society / association they buy approx 300 - 400 shirts (all the same). They have the quantity to be able to negotiate price.

Here it is going to be a range of shirts that has a potential to be bought by thousands (if all members bought one) or fifty, if not many buy them.

You also need to remember that by purchasing some kit you are helping the site, which is available yo everyone for free, without any annoying adverts or pop ups. Just built on what I can afford, and maintained by the same plus the generous donations of members.

Next, look at the price of replica kits, at least £50 a shirt.

These items will be good quality, much better than the Ram ones, those who already have Akuma shirts will be able to attest to this.

SimonSmith
My Society just ordered a bunch of Akuma kit.

The only one quibble I have on our shorts is that if it pisses down with rain, they get a bit clingy, unlike the Koogas. Admiitedly, these shorts may be different.

That to one side, I'm really happy with what we got.

Robert Burns
19-09-12, 04:09
Rob,

Have you considered rounding up members of the site and shoving coal "up there" I'm sure you'll produce some diamonds and be able to cover all future costs:biggrin:

hehehe.

Robert Burns
19-09-12, 04:09
I will try to get the guys to make another package too. One that includes the stuff that Society/Association refs need, i.e:

Kit Bag or Ruck Sack (30)
Rain Jacket or Soft Shell Jacket or 3 in 1 Jacket (45 or 65 or 85)
Training bottoms (32.5)
Polo (20)
T-Shirt (15)
Drill Top (45)
Beanie (12.5)

Total be Min 200 Max 240

With discount 175-180 or 215-220?

That may be better for those who do not actually need a playing kit.

TheBFG
19-09-12, 15:09
You also need to remember that by purchasing some kit you are helping the site, which is available yo everyone for free, without any annoying adverts or pop ups. Just built on what I can afford, and maintained by the same plus the generous donations of members

From this do i assume that any purchases will mean a certain amount of ££'s & $$'s to the site?

Robert Burns
24-09-12, 15:09
Not a direct correlation, Akuma are helping with upgrades, improvements & various other bits.

Basically the more that people buy the happier they will be to part with cash to help the site flourish.

Getting LRUL onto a Linux server is top priority before the old ASP server expires.

Robert Burns
OK, UPDATE:

New kit was brought out for the first time this weekend when Phil E helped arrange a photo shoot with some volunteers from WSOR.

Photo's should be out soon.

Update 2:

Prices have been reviewed to split US & Aus, not a big difference with the exchange rate currently, but maybe later. Canadians will have to buy in US prices and Kiwi's in Aus (though if you find a different currency works for you, I am sure that wouldn't be an issue).

I'll upload the new price lists to this post in a sec.

Bryan
Robert,

When it comes to the pro-bono gear going abroad, can you ask for updates rates? Alternatively, if we are still getting dinged full price, then is Akuma contributing part/all of the proceeds to that charity?

To make things easier, I'd suggest getting an order of "5-10 kits" together, foregoing the S&H fees until they're all paid, and then having Akuma send them in bulk to IRB SOS Kit-Aid or some PoC person at the IRB.

Robert Burns
24-09-12, 16:09
Yep,

I am in talk with Akuma about either a deal for this (cheaper), or Akuma contributing more (not clear if a % or 1 for 1 match yet.

They have an IRB SOS guy they have dealt with for kit they have given before. Will advise when I know more, I have also contacted them through twitter. (For a charity you'd expect them to bite your hand off for kit..??). Hopefully they'll (LV=IRBSOS) will respond soon.

Robert Burns
25-09-12, 15:09
Just got the photos, they look great, I will post them at some point tomorrow.

Robert Burns
26-09-12, 12:09
Have a look here to see the photos. They really have turned out great.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.277054825747643.65868.264133000373159&type=1&l=11bf9bd788

Phil are any of the Models members of the site?

Thanks now go to:

Ddjamo - For the introduction.
Phil E - For helping set up the photo shoot.
The models for agreeing to show the kit off, hopefully they will become members too. Added bonus!

Phil E
Robbie

I will email them a link to this thread, so they will have to join to see the pictures.

Phil

Taff
Have a look here to see the photos. They really have turned out great.Wow; brilliant quality photos. I'm assuming that was a professional photographer.

Womble
Are you all that shape oop north ?

Bryan
26-09-12, 14:09
The photos are VERY well done. You know how I know? They make the All-White kit look GOOD!

Ever seen the IRB boys in All-White? That's b/c someone lost a bet.

Is this a team-of-3, or is visitation-day at HMP?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/60165_277057015747424_1792391513_n.jpg

Dixie
Is this a team-of-3, or is visitation-day at HMP?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/60165_277057015747424_1792391513_n.jpg The guy on the right forgot to clean his boots. He'll never get anywhere unless he starts to take his reffing seriously.

ddjamo
and I get called a "hard ass"?

Taff
26-09-12, 15:09
The guy on the right forgot to clean his boots. He'll never get anywhere unless he starts to take his reffing seriously.

and I get called a "hard ass"?I guess it's the British humour - or humor as you spell it. I suspect he's already a top ref. :biggrin:

I'm curious, but would any of them be in the Police by any chance? :chin:

Womble
26-09-12, 15:09
I guess it's the British humour - or humor as you spell it. I suspect he's already a top ref. :biggrin:

Na can't be, he would have clean boots, don't recognise the face either!:pepper:

Robert Burns
26-09-12, 16:09
Yep, Akuma arranged for their photographer to go down and do the shoot, very pleased about how they came out.

They (with Phil) are also trying to arrange to get a game refereed in it to get some action shots. Should be great.

Jason N
27-09-12, 21:09
Guys contrary to ur comments my boots were clean before the photo shoot and working in a disciplined organisation I know how to apply polish !!! On a serious note it was a fun morning... Having tried on all the kit I can say that it's fantastic . The quality is excellent it feels and looks the business. I have no doubt working with akuma will be a good thing... It's nice to see a company produce what we want

Hayden
27-09-12, 23:09
Have a look here to see the photos. They really have turned out great.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.277054825747643.65868.264133000373159&type=1&l=11bf9bd788

Phil are any of the Models members of the site?

Thanks now go to:

Ddjamo - For the introduction.
Phil E - For helping set up the photo shoot.
The models for agreeing to show the kit off, hopefully they will become members too. Added bonus!

Hi all,

I was one of the people in the shoot and am now a member! Good morning, good laugh and great kit!

Robert Burns
28-09-12, 01:09
Welcome Jason & Hayden.

I hope you enjoy the site as much as the kit.

At the rate WSoR members are joining they will soon be one of the most represented society on the forums (currently held by London, with Hampshire close behind).

That would then be two RugbyRefs.com awards, the other being the best website for 3011.

Robert Burns
28-09-12, 02:09
Updated pricelists to include a new bundle for refs that do not need to buy a playing kit.

UK: http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/pricelist_gbp.pdf
USA: http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/pricelist_usa.pdf
Aus: http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/pricelist_aus.pdf
Europe (Exc UK): http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/pricelist_euros.pdf

menace
28-09-12, 02:09
Doesn't seem to be any attachments Robbie?

Robert Burns
28-09-12, 03:09
fixed, sorry about that.

SimonSmith
01-10-12, 14:10
That would then be two RugbyRefs.com awards, the other being the best website for 3011.

Christ. Now blessed with the gift of foresight :)

Taff
01-10-12, 15:10
Updated pricelists to include a new bundle for refs that do not need to buy a playing kit.Who do we contact to place an order?

Robert Burns
01-10-12, 16:10
Akuma will be releasing the order forms very shortly.

Robert Burns
03-10-12, 19:10
Order form will be available to all on Monday guys.

I have received the kit today, and the quality is amazing.

The heavier refs shirt is one of the best refs shirts I have ever worn, the lighter weight one is great for hot days, or even to be worn as a casual shirt. The shorts are also awesome! Crossref (or other clubrefs in the UK), if your guys wanted to buy and wear this stuff, their colleagues will be jealous.

The other kits is great too, drill shirts, tracksuit top & bottoms, polos, jackets, hoodies.

The tracksuit has a warmer jumper with it too, which is fleece style lining inside and quality feel outside (don't know the material but it was warm). I won't have a use for it until next year now, but will certainly help keep me warm on the cold Perth days.

I must say I am really chuffed at the great stuff the guys from Akuma have produced for us, I hope you guys will like it as much too!

(No photos, I cannot do it the same justice our fantastic models did!)

smeagol
03-10-12, 20:10
How long will this be available for? I am definitely interested in getting kit, but am unsure when I can actually lay the money down.

Robert Burns
08-10-12, 16:10
Here is a flyer for the special bundle in GBP.

smeagol
21-10-12, 05:10
Still no order form?

SimonSmith
21-10-12, 14:10
http://www.rugbyrefs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2422&d=1349703438

It was at the top of the Home Page for a while...

Simon Thomas
21-10-12, 17:10
Welcome Jason & Hayden.

I hope you enjoy the site as much as the kit.

At the rate WSoR members are joining they will soon be one of the most represented society on the forums (currently held by London, with Hampshire close behind).

It would fairer to use an index or % rather than absolute #s.

# of RR.com members as % of active Society Referees. Otherwie London with more than three times the numbers of referees of any other English Society will always be top. Likeswise Hampshire has more active refs than our Federation colleagues Berks/Bucks/Oxon combined !

Constantine
14-01-14, 07:01
I know this is well old but I looked at the kit and it looks very shiny. But I need a sizing chart. All very well saying standard sizing, but do they make XS sizes? What about youth sizes? I really don't want to fork out for more kit which is too big.

winchesterref
14-01-14, 09:01
I take a M in standard sizing, possibly an L in some others, and an XL in the Akuma shirt.

menace
I know this is well old but I looked at the kit and it looks very shiny. But I need a sizing chart. All very well saying standard sizing, but do they make XS sizes? What about youth sizes? I really don't want to fork out for more kit which is too big.

Don't you get kit from your association in Nu Zeelund??

Constantine
Only the shirt, shorts and socks. The warm up jacket and the t shirt both look pretty cool, and I don't have a kit bag, just my backpack which is less than ideal. Our sponor is leaving us end of the season so I don't see much more gear coming my way in the coming season.

menace
14-01-14, 12:01
Aaahhhh! I see. Thought there'd be no probs with NZ associations getting sponsors for their on-field and off-field kit.? Guess I was wrong.

What's 'premature posting issues'? :wtf:Bet your wife hates I when you do that!:swet::pepper:

Phil E
14-01-14, 12:01
Our Society kit is Akuma.
I have to get one size larger in Akuma than normal.

i.e. Gilbert shirt = XL
Akuma shirt = XXL

samrugga
28-07-14, 01:07
What does the bronze , silver , and gold mean ?

Phil E
28-07-14, 09:07
What does the bronze , silver , and gold mean ?

They are just package deals of kit.
The more you spend, the more you save.
The kit in each deal is listed on the order form.

Avg0201
27-02-20, 22:02
I realise that this thread is really old, is the kit still available to buy?