PDA

View Full Version : [RWC]. Who will win the RWC 2015?

L'irlandais
29-09-15, 19:09
Only 5 teams have ever made it to the final.
:nz:
:aus:
:rsa: (must do some'th about that flag!)
:eng:
&
:france:

Add to them :wales: and :arg: who have made it to the semi final.

Or perhaps, like myself you feel it's time for some new blood in the ranks of World Champions ; :ireland:

SimonSmith
30-09-15, 01:09
Scotland made the semis in 91

Ricardowensleydale
30-09-15, 19:09
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11520527

Given these rankings it seems likely to be NZ or Ire, however, these rankings are ridiculous. Does the NZ herald always go for the cheap laugh?

L'irlandais
30-09-15, 19:09
Scotland made the semis in 91how right you are, teach me to base my post on a French newspaper article.
http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/coupe-du-monde/

At the same time, I strongly feel Ireland stand a better chance of reaching the quarter finals, than Scotland does, just now (with 2 games played). Forgive me mr. burns for saying so.:redface:

Ricardowensleydale,
the rankings change after each game : http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings

that Wales are currently second, doesn't mean their squad are capable of going all the way to the final.

SimonSmith
01-10-15, 01:10
I fancy we'll finish second in the group. Currently top with two bonus point wins.

What's your math for us finishing third?

L'irlandais
01-10-15, 17:10
Realism?
South Africa will beat Scotland.
Samoa are more than capable of doing so too.

Simple.

L'irlandais
02-10-15, 17:10
RS Africa have the best overall win rate in Rugby World Cup history: the Springboks have won 25 of 29 matches (86.2 per cent). Vern Cotter is resting some players, which suggests he is targeting the Samoan game instead of this week-end's match. "Faint heart never won a fair Cup."

L'irlandais
03-10-15, 08:10
Only 5 teams have ever made it to the final.
:nz:
:aus:
:rsa: (Mr. Burns, we really must do some'th about that flag!)
:eng:
&
:france:

Add to them:scot: (1991). :wales: (1987 +2011) and :arg: (2007) who have made it to the semi final.

Or perhaps, like myself you feel it's time for some new blood in the ranks of World Champions ; :ireland:fix that for myself.

Ricardowensleydale
12-10-15, 22:10
How many Northern Hemisphere teams will still be in the competition after this weekend?

winchesterref
13-10-15, 02:10
1 - Wales

L'irlandais
13-10-15, 19:10
How many Northern Hemisphere teams will still be in the competition after this weekend?
Hear, start your own poll.:tongue:

L'irlandais
31-10-15, 21:10
Over half of us were plain wrong, in spite of the fact NZ are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the squads present.

Well done New Zealand. Looking forward to 2019 already.

Dickie E
01-11-15, 00:11
Looking forward to 2019 already.

Just a shame it's in Japan. I hope they do a better job than their ill-fated 7s attempt.

menace
01-11-15, 02:11
Just a shame it's in Japan. I hope they do a better job than their ill-fated 7s attempt.

Somehow I just don't see the NH jumping in a plane to be there? Crowds will be down. But Japan will not want to be embarrassed so undoubtedly their govt will make sure the funding is there to ensure success. Perhaps even pay for rent-a-crowd?
But I could be wrong...perhaps some of you NH lot could indicate if Japan is genuinely a place you'd want to go to see a RWC and be looking to attend?

Dickie E
01-11-15, 02:11
Somehow I just don't see the NH jumping in a plane to be there? Crowds will be down. But Japan will not want to be embarrassed so undoubtedly their govt will make sure the funding is there to ensure success. Perhaps even pay for rent-a-crowd?
But I could be wrong...perhaps some of you NH lot could indicate if Japan is genuinely a place you'd want to go to see a RWC and be looking to attend?

They didn't make a good start by canning the plans for the National Stadium. The final will be played at the 50,000 seat stadium in Yokohama