PDA

View Full Version : Lack of signal to 9. How has it gone up north?

TigerCraig
25-02-18, 02:02
Of all the law changes this is the one I feel will be a struggle, at least at first, in juniors. I can see kids either chucking it in as soon as front rows start to come together or standing there waiting and waiting until instability kicks in. How has it gone for you guys?

(the good news though is we are finally allowing crutch binding for U16 and up)

menace
25-02-18, 02:02
(the good news though is we are finally allowing crutch binding for U16 and up)

Not for the kids that keep getting a 'sack whack' from the devious locks!:nono:

crossref
25-02-18, 08:02
I haven't done many kids games this season , but in the adult game it's been a non issue.
Remember that we had a hundred years of no signal before that Law came in, we are back to normality

Zebra1922
25-02-18, 09:02
I've not had an issue with it. Sometimes the SH looks at you for guidance, I know you're not supposed to let them know when to put in but at times like this I do give a small nod, I mean really what else can you do?

Apart from that not problems. Still a tendancy to stick it in the second row which gets pinged (and they always look at me like I'm stupid for penalising this!)

ctrainor
25-02-18, 19:02
No problems. after the first couple of weeks when scrum halves were getting used to it I did have to prompt them but now, no issue at all

Lee Lifeson-Peart
25-02-18, 22:02
No issues.

Any law that prevents me from talking to scrum halves is ok with me :biggrin:

Rich_NL
26-02-18, 11:02
I've mentioned it in the pre-match - especially with the youth, I mention recent developments because not all refs whistle to the most up-to-date laws at this level. I've had no problems besides having to give an occasional nod or reminder.

Decorily
26-02-18, 13:02
No issues.

Any law that prevents me from talking to scrum halves is ok with me :biggrin:

Personally I would much prefer a law preventing scrum halves talking to me!!

Decorily
26-02-18, 13:02
No issues whatsoever at adult or youth level.