Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joubert

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade

Default Joubert

Thought he was unusually poor- looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights.

Would feel very unhappy if I was French, a few high tackles missed and some rather inconsistent breakdown interpretation- turned into a bit of a free for all at some points.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    NYRRS
    Grade
    C1
    Blog Entries

I agree he was fairly inconsistent when it came to the breakdown.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    NA
    Grade
    I am a Fan

Default Re: Joubert

An absolute weak performance by Craig Joubert. He became Bryce Lawrence. Rucks became a free for all, because Joubert allowed them to. He was too weak to blow a high tackle penalty and there were numerous ones to call. He was far too weak to blow penalties because the rucks were a free for all, and McCaw and Kaino were offside and off their feet at nearly every contestable ruck. He was too weak to blow penalties at the scrums unless they were conveniently located.

Joubert will be on the wrong side of history here. I quote Tony Blair in a PMQ's session to then PM John Major, "Weak, Weak, Weak".

Reality is, we saw a referee who the French had prepared their game plan for. Very disciplined and structured game I may point out. While NZ just played to Joubert's weakness.

Sadly when the big calls needed making. Craig Joubert wasn't their to make them.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade

Agreed

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    London
    Grade
    Level 6+1

Surprised by the two non calls for high tackles. Comparisons to Bryce are way off the mark.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    NA
    Grade
    I am a Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Toby Warren View Post
    Surprised by the two non calls for high tackles. Comparisons to Bryce are way off the mark.
    Yeah your right. Bryce was/is at least half remotely consistent. This bloke wasn't. It was a free for all at the ruck and boy he wasn't exactly consistent.

Referees in Canada
    RugbyRefs.com Webmaster

Soc/Assoc
    Ontario/Toronto
    Grade
    Every Grade
    Blog Entries

I think you lot are not taking into account how hard that game would have been for all on the pitch, that players and Craig will be breathing out of their arses after that game, probably 10 times harder than the hardest game we have ever been involved in.

Take that into account, even for the fittest of referees, which Craig is, it's a bloody tough game!
    "This is not Soccer!" ©Nigel Owens
    ------------------------------
    Robert Burns
    RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
    ------------------------------

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Burns View Post
    I think you lot are not taking into account how hard that game would have been for all on the pitch, that players and Craig will be breathing out of their arses after that game, probably 10 times harder than the hardest game we have ever been involved in.

Take that into account, even for the fittest of referees, which Craig is, it's a bloody tough game!
    True, but he's done hard games before (GN and 3N deciders) and acquitted himself very well- a high tackle is a high tackle at the end of the day; was surprised how much he missed today.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    Sydney West Rugby Referees Association
    Grade
    Level 1

I knew it was going to be a rough night for the French in the 4th minute. Richie McCaw makes a tackle, doesn't release, doesn't roll away. French player tries to push through a squeeze ball, but can't because McCaw is in the road - result: penalty to NZ.

He was way to inconsistant at rucks and mauls, and as has been pointed out, it became a free for all.

The sad thing is, we saw this exact game last week, while Rolland refereed a very good game. Yet Joubert got the nod.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    NA
    Grade
    I am a Fan

Quote Originally Posted by the magpie View Post
    I knew it was going to be a rough night for the French in the 4th minute. Richie McCaw makes a tackle, doesn't release, doesn't roll away. French player tries to push through a squeeze ball, but can't because McCaw is in the road - result: penalty to NZ.

He was way to inconsistant at rucks and mauls, and as has been pointed out, it became a free for all.

The sad thing is, we saw this exact game last week, while Rolland refereed a very good game. Yet Joubert got the nod.
    I think it is absolutely criminal that Wayne Barnes was not refereeing this or any other playoffs. Barnes is the most consistent. You know what your getting. However the NZ media prevented this from happening.

Thread Information