Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe 1

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    NA
    Grade
    I am a Fan

Default Re: Bledisloe 1

Gee, if that ref is one of the best in the world then some of you guys who want to get to the top must be immensely joyed, there's hope for you all! He was god awful and genuinely either blind or plain stupid in many moments. Last scrum of the game looked like a sure Australian penalty too, but he lacks the ticker to call it.

Lacks the ticker, lacks the judgement, lacks the sense and clearly lacks the eye sight as well. He needs to hand in his badge.

On a more rugby based note, how terrible is Kurtley Beale. I think Ewen McKenzie needs to have a hard look at his terrible selections too.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2

No quibbles really. Terrible stop-start match in awful conditions, which in the end, were the great leveller, so I don't think this match tells us anything. Both sides lucky to get the draw, and not a match that will surviving long on the MySky hard disk.

As for the Barrett YC, I thought it was a bit of a crock, looked like general play to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    Gee, if that ref is one of the best in the world then some of you guys who want to get to the top must be immensely joyed, there's hope for you all! He was god awful and genuinely either blind or plain stupid in many moments. Last scrum of the game looked like a sure Australian penalty too, but he lacks the ticker to call it.

Lacks the ticker, lacks the judgement, lacks the sense and clearly lacks the eye sight as well. He needs to hand in his badge.
    Disagree completely. Peyper was good; its the guys with numbers on their backs that were rubbish.
    Last edited by Ian_Cook; 16-08-14 at 13:08.
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay Windley

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    FNCRRA
    Grade
    L1 Ref & L2 AR

Thoughts on Beale's game at 10 please?

I think it has to be White/Toomua or Phipps/Foley.

I'm sure that McKenzie put Toomua at 12 for his defence. Problem for McKenzie now is that he either has to stick with Beale at 10 or eat humble pie and put him on the bench. He is not a good enough tackler to have at 12 against the ABs.

Rod Kafer is currently interviewing Folau and both reckon that Beale did a great job. I'm not convinced.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
    It's the same when you are stupid.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    NA
    Grade
    I am a Fan

Beale was awful. Anyone who defends that choice needs a good old fashioned lie down. How McKenzie didn't cull him early opens all sorts of questions about his judgement.

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Grade
    Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat View Post
    Thoughts on Beale's game at 10 please?

I think it has to be White/Toomua or Phipps/Foley.

I'm sure that McKenzie put Toomua at 12 for his defence. Problem for McKenzie now is that he either has to stick with Beale at 10 or eat humble pie and put him on the bench. He is not a good enough tackler to have at 12 against the ABs.

Rod Kafer is currently interviewing Folau and both reckon that Beale did a great job. I'm not convinced.

I thought Beale looked unconvincing at 10.
    - Jay Windley

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    FNCRRA
    Grade
    L1 Ref & L2 AR

I bet McKenzie tells Nathan Charles that if he finds himself 8m out and 1 on 1 to straighten his line and have a crack. Ashley-Cooper would have scored in that situation.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    FNCRRA
    Grade
    L1 Ref & L2 AR

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    I thought Beale looked unconvincing at 10.
    I'm getting a horrible feeling that it may become a bit of deja vu in a throw back to the JOC at 10 experiment

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Grade
    Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat View Post
    I'm getting a horrible feeling that it may become a bit of deja vu in a throw back to the JOC at 10 experiment
    I don't get this selection really. You have some good 10's

Matt Toomua - Brumbies
    Quade Cooper - Reds
    Bernard Foley - Waratahs

So why pick Beale, who is essentially, a fullback?

Could you imagine Steve Hansen having Dan Carter, Aaron Cruden, Beauden Barrett and Colin Slade all fit and available, and picking Ben Smith to play 10?

PS: What ever happened to Christian Lealiifano?

PPS: At least JOC had a nice hairstyle.
    - Jay Windley

Soc/Assoc
    GRRA
    Grade
    Level 7

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post

On a more rugby based note, how terrible is Kurtley Beale. I think Ewen McKenzie needs to have a hard look at his terrible selections too.
    I didnt think he had a bad game, YC's were a bit of a surprise given that he hadnt given a general warning, and a couple of times I thought we were lucky not to be penalised for our scrums, but overall not a bad performance.

I also disagree about Beale, given the conditions and the style of game and the AB forwards strength and speed, I thought he was fine. Not sure Foley would have been any better. Lots of players missing in action mainly due to the conditions.

Banned

Soc/Assoc
    n/a
    Grade
    < player

Perfect result, Kiwis don't get a new record, Wallaby's can't crow either & it breaks their run ..... + a PK kick competition!

Thread Information