Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 126

Thread: Tmo farce

      
  1. #51

    Referees in England
    chbg's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    D&WRURS, HRURS & ARURS
    Grade
    Level 8
    Join Date
    15 May 09
    Posts
    1,186

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    [QUOTE=timmad;341550]
    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    No , it's only a knock on if it comes off hand or arm

    Scrum half throws a pass out to stand-off which hits him on the body, head or legs and goes forward. Stand-off picks up the ball and continues. What do you rule?
    No contact with arms or hands, so play on.
    Be reasonable - do it my way.

  2. #52

    Referees in New Zealand
    Ian_Cook's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    12 Jul 05
    Posts
    13,633

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wakeham View Post
    I doubt that this was a image capture from the video stream. It looks more like a cropped photo from a photographer in the in-goal. If so, then the TMO did not see this , so its not really relevant to the discussions.

    This is the best angle the TMO had to judge from.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    With only the image below to go on (couldn't get video) I'd say that the red hand is on top of the ball and under the White hand. Therefore try to Red. I could also be persuaded that it is not C&O, therefore an atticking 5m.

    Attachment 3699
    ... but now lets go back a couple of frames to the important point, i.e. the point where the ball first touches the ground.


    A couple of frames before the ball touches the ground - both players have fingers touching the ball.


    The first available frame where the ball is touching the ground - both players still have fingers touching the ball.

    This is not be clear enough for me to remove doubt about grounding
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay Windley

  3. #53

    Referees in Scotland
    Pinky's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Edinburgh Rugby Referees Society
    Grade
    8
    Join Date
    09 Apr 10
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    I doubt that this was a image capture from the video stream. It looks more like a cropped photo from a photographer in the in-goal. If so, then the TMO did not see this , so its not really relevant to the discussions.

    This is the best angle the TMO had to judge from.....



    ... but now lets go back a couple of frames to the important point, i.e. the point where the ball first touches the ground.


    A couple of frames before the ball touches the ground - both players have fingers touching the ball.


    The first available frame where the ball is touching the ground - both players still have fingers touching the ball.

    This is not be clear enough for me to remove doubt about grounding
    Ian, thanks for digging out the stills. In the frame with the ball on the ground you say both players still have fingers touching the ball. I think it is clear that Anscombe does but not clear about Watson. His pinky might have been touching, but the camera shot suggests it was not. However I do think some would see that as doubt about the grounding, but what I don't agree with is the conclusion that white grounded the ball first.

  4. #54

    Advises in England
    OB..'s Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Glos & District
    Grade
    Adviser (grass roots)
    Join Date
    07 Oct 04
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    I doubt that this was a image capture from the video stream. It looks more like a cropped photo from a photographer in the in-goal. If so, then the TMO did not see this , so its not really relevant to the discussions.

    This is the best angle the TMO had to judge from.....



    ... but now lets go back a couple of frames to the important point, i.e. the point where the ball first touches the ground.


    A couple of frames before the ball touches the ground - both players have fingers touching the ball.


    The first available frame where the ball is touching the ground - both players still have fingers touching the ball.

    This is not be clear enough for me to remove doubt about grounding
    If there is doubt about which team first grounded the ball in in-goal, play is restarts witha five-metre scrum, in line with the place where the ball was grounded. The attacking
    team throws in.

    In this case the ref was playing advantage for a penalty, so they went back to that.
    He trudg’d along unknowing what he sought,
    And whistled as he went, for want of thought.
    The Referee by John Dryden

  5. #55

    Referees in England
    Balones's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Leics
    Grade
    NLMOT PR
    Join Date
    24 Oct 06
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Ian, thanks for digging out the stills. In the frame with the ball on the ground you say both players still have fingers touching the ball. I think it is clear that Anscombe does but not clear about Watson. His pinky might have been touching, but the camera shot suggests it was not. However I do think some would see that as doubt about the grounding, but what I don't agree with is the conclusion that white grounded the ball first.
    Watson must have the longest pinky in the world!

  6. #56

    Referees in Scotland
    Jolly Roger's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Edinburgh - ERRS
    Grade
    Level 6
    Join Date
    19 Feb 10
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by Balones View Post
    Watson must have the longest pinky in the world!
    As the ref went back to the penalty advantage the KO or white grounding first issues are irrelevant. Either try or go back to penalty. Decision was not CandO so back to penalty.
    Keep smiling!

  7. #57

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    13,259

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  8. #58
    Player or Coach ChrisR's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    14 Jul 10
    Posts
    3,229

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    How can you determine, from that little video clip, that the ball went forward from his hand?

  9. #59

    Referees in Denmark


    Soc/Assoc
    Danish Rugby Union
    Grade
    Level 8
    Join Date
    06 Jan 18
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    How can you determine, from that little video clip, that the ball went forward from his hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    With only the image below to go on (couldn't get video) I'd say that the red hand is on top of the ball and under the White hand. Therefore try to Red. I could also be persuaded that it is not C&O, therefore an atticking 5m.

    Attachment 3699
    people who live in glass houses...

  10. #60
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Yet to join
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    08 Oct 11
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Tmo farce

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    See post 45/46, it seems nobody wants to look and comment upon that Dickie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •