Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: French Red Card

Referees in New Zealand

Soc/Assoc
    Retired player and referee
    Grade
    Level 2

Default Re: French Red Card

I have just watched this incident for the first time, and I cannot see where there is any argument.

White 6 ran in and pushed a Blue player to the ground, and Blue 11 ran in and tackled White 6 to the ground. IMO, neither of these actions is serious enough to warrant a YC.

Blue 3 threw a punch that landed in direct contact to an opponent's head, with force. That is a nailed on 24/7/365.

The rest was handbags. No-one else did anything worthy of a YC.

I think the Match Officials handled it well, and got it right.
    "You can Google for information, but you can't Google for understanding"
    - Jay Windley

Player or Coach

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1

Quote Originally Posted by BikingBud View Post
    Only about 35 years but what difference does that make? When I started it was quite common for one in all in but we know that is now not acceptable.

Grabbing and handbags or running in to take someone out with a shoulder or punching there is massive difference. Chat and possibly a penalty versus

Your perspective seems out of kilter with others on here.

Respectfully, the one in all in still exists. What has changed since the days you (and I started playing), is the manner of involvement. When we started it was very common for player to go flying in fists ablaze. Now it's more pushing and shoving and grabbing to drag players out.

I didn't really say I wouldn't card anyone if it happened in one of my games. It would depend on what's happened in the melee. But I stand by as a minimum if you card Ritchie, you have to card France 11 too. He's actually ran in at a higher speed and actually charged into Ritchie. Still would be a YC.

But again, a stern word to both players and captains would suffice for that. With the RC for the punch.

Player or Coach

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 1

This with bells on. But IF you YC Ritchie, you'd then need to YC B11 at least. But yes, Ian_Cook. 100% agree with you. That makes 6 of us. You, me and the 4 match officials lol

Thread Information