Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knock on ?

Promises to Referee in France

Soc/Assoc
    CT Alsace-Lorraine
    Grade
    EdR + LCA

Default Re: Knock on ?

Glad you understood what he meant; I thought it contradictory.
    A harsh decision is one more severe than is necessary: He is contradicting himself, as per usual. If he had no problem with the card, why bring it up, or refer to it as harsh? or seemingly correct? WTF? Doubletalk.

Like saying NZ referees are not up to par.

It’s rubbed off on the star players. Saying match referees must use the TMO more one week, and then critical when they do actually refer to the TMO the following week.
    Last edited by L'irlandais; 06-08-20 at 13:08.
    There are more ways of killing a dog than choking it with butter.

Advises in England

Soc/Assoc
    Glos & District
    Grade
    Adviser (grass roots)

Forward: Towards the opposition’s dead-ball line.
    Knock-on: When a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it

Throw forward: When a player throws or passes the ball forward i.e. if the arms of the player passing the ball move forward.

That summarises the relevant Law.
    In a knock-on what matters is if the BALL moves forward; in a pass, what matters is if the HANDS move forward.

There is a hybrid situation that occurs if a player is about to receive a pass and realises he needs to get rid of the ball quickly, so he bats it on. The ball will follow the same path as if thrown. If that counts as a pass, then no problem. If it is a knock-on, then it is deliberate and should result in a PK.

This is a subtlety outside the law, so it surely needs a Ruling. (I don't fancy their chances in trying to sort that one out.)
    He trudg’d along unknowing what he sought,
    And whistled as he went, for want of thought.
    The Referee by John Dryden

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by L'irlandais View Post
    Glad you understood what he meant; I thought it contradictory.
    A harsh decision is one more severe than is necessary: He is contradicting himself, as per usual. If he had no problem with the card, why bring it up, or refer to it as harsh? or seemingly correct? WTF? Doubletalk.

Like saying NZ referees are not up to par.

It’s rubbed off on the star players. Saying match referees must use the TMO more one week, and then critical when they do actually refer to the TMO the following week.
    the journalist used the word 'harsh', not Gatland:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-w...tant-knock-on/
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Thread Information