Thread: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    D&WRURS, HRURS & ARURS
    Grade
    Level 8

Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

Quote Originally Posted by Balones View Post
    I think there is some confusion between levels, below and above and interchanges.
    RFU regs. https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/8...FINAL%20v2.pdf
    Good to see that they have been updated, as at Aug 20.

It is also important to check the competition organiser's regulations, as these will be designed to fit local circumstances e.g. in Dorset & Wilts:

5. REPLACEMENTS.
    At Level 8 in the Dorset & Wilts Leagues RFU Regulation applies in respect of replacements but at Levels 9 & 10 there will be no requirements for replacements and there will be no limit to the number of interchanges allowed. Where the only XV in a club is in a Level 8 league then it may have unlimited replacements but is limited to 8 interchanges. At Levels 9 & 10 the following will apply:

5.1. LOWEST TEAM.
    The lowest or only team in a club, judged by the regular fixture list published for the club not by the circumstances of the day, does not have to have three replacements nor is it limited to three.

5.2. FRONT ROW.
    For a match to be valid a team must start with a front row capable of playing the fixture but if no suitably trained and experienced player is available to substitute in the event of injury, temporary suspension or dismissal (and the opposition are unable to assist with a suitable replacement) then the match will continue with uncontested scrums for the period necessary and the result will stand.

And, for clarity, although it is not specified, in respect of para 5.2 I would not enforce the 'man off' requirement.
    Be reasonable - do it my way.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

In my neck of the woods also man off is disappearing .. and a jolly good thing too, at the community game it makes no sense having fourteen on the pitch while people are shivering on the sideline not allowed on.... Let people play.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North & NSWRRA
    Grade
    Level 1 Ref/Level 2 AR

Thats interesting. Here everyone uses all their interchanges. If only to give everyone game time. If a guy didnt get at least 20 mins on he probably wouldnt be back the next week

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North & NSWRRA
    Grade
    Level 1 Ref/Level 2 AR

Also our system if grades all playing at tbe same ground helps because clubs should always have enough front rowers at the ground, even if some have to back up for multiple games on the day

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by TigerCraig View Post
    Also our system if grades all playing at tbe same ground helps because clubs should always have enough front rowers at the ground, even if some have to back up for multiple games on the day
    that's how you get blokes with 600 games during their career
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Cambridge and St Neots
    Grade
    I am a Fan

A lot of teams use all their bench but not all their interchanes.
    Five on the side lines but 10 interchanges.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

Quote Originally Posted by TigerCraig View Post
    Thats interesting. Here everyone uses all their interchanges. If only to give everyone game time. If a guy didnt get at least 20 mins on he probably wouldnt be back the next week
    In my games teams always use all of their subs, but don't use all their interchanges (ie players don't typically go back and forth)
    In merit tables we generally have unlimited interchanges anyway , and it's the same thing .. every player is used but typically each player has one spell on the pitch, they don't plan to go back and forth , only when circumstances dictate

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9

Am even more confused now, accept I was only half watching, but a reoccurrence in Harlequins vs Bath just now, Bath hooker goes to the bin (1 already there) so they are down to 13. Scrum called, no replacement hooker, so someone comes on from the bench as FR, a player comes off (still at 13), but Tom Foley says they must drop another (man off), so down to 12.

I always though that if a yellow card then the ‘man off’ was the binned player so no extra player goes off, so has Tom Foley go it wrong, is it different in the Prem, or was my understanding wrong?

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9

May have answered my own question about the elite game (https://laws.worldrugby.org/?domain=...ification=1024) so this is correct, so am I still correct in RFU community rugby that no additional players leave?

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9

Appreciate I’m talking to myself here, but this might be of interest to some, the equivalent to the man off logic tree that applies in the 23 man game, or at least the Premiership, so yes, different, and Tom Foley was correct;

F6A5FFA7-2CBB-4C81-AFA3-74E802C138E8.jpg

Thread Information