Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

      
  1. #51

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    19,063

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by Flish View Post
    Appreciate I’m talking to myself here, but this might be of interest to some, the equivalent to the man off logic tree that applies in the 23 man game, or at least the Premiership, so yes, different, and Tom Foley was correct;

    Attachment 4042
    What's interesting here is that hamstring followed by head is treated the same as head followed by hamstring (hooray, but contrary to previous guidance )

    What's crazy is that
    .. YC followed by head .. 15 players on the field
    .. head followed by YC .. 13 players on the field WTF ??
    Last edited by crossref; 05-09-20 at 22:09.

  2. #52

    Referees in England
    Phil E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    8
    Join Date
    22 Jan 08
    Posts
    15,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    What's crazy is that
    .. YC followed by head .. 15 players on the field
    .. head followed by YC .. 13 players on the field WTF ??
    That's because the head injury didn't cause uncontested in the second instance, so no pressure to keep the head injury quiet.

    But the head injury did cause uncontested in the first example, and we don't want any pressure on the teams to try and claim it wasn't a head injury.

    Essentially the head injury is not necessarily their fault (same as foul play), the yellow is.

    Follow my Award Winning blog The Rugby Ref


  3. #53

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    19,063

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Of course , but shouldn't matter in which order they occur

  4. #54

    Referees in England
    chbg's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    D&WRURS, HRURS & ARURS
    Grade
    Level 8
    Join Date
    15 May 09
    Posts
    1,112

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    What's interesting here is that hamstring followed by head is treated the same as head followed by hamstring (hooray, but contrary to previous guidance )

    What's crazy is that
    .. YC followed by head .. 15 players on the field after the YC returns to the game
    .. head followed by YC .. 13 players on the field WTF ??until the YC returns to the game
    FTFY.
    Be reasonable - do it my way.

  5. #55

    Referees in England


    Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots
    Join Date
    14 Sep 09
    Posts
    19,063

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by chbg View Post
    FTFY.
    true - but still not the same.

    YC = down to 14
    Head injury = uncontested but remain at 14
    YC returns = contested again, back to 15

    Head injury = contested, remain at 15
    YC = uncontested, down to 13
    YC returns = contested again, and back to 15 (?)

    I don't think it should make any difference which order the two events happen in

  6. #56

    Referees in Australia
    TigerCraig's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North & NSWRRA
    Grade
    Level 1 Ref/Level 2 AR
    Join Date
    19 May 08
    Posts
    1,431

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Fair enough.

    At my club (mainly because we are one of the rare breed that play 80 min games) we will generally sub off a FR after about 30, and he will go back on for the last 20. Occasionally a back rower or 2 may do an off and back stint. Rare in the backs.

    A couple of seasons ago at an away game we only had 16 players, including the coach - me (at 50 years old), so I had 4 or 5 10 minute stints at Loosehead mixing up with the other front rowers. That was a tough day out, but my 25 year old opponent bought me a few beers afterwards.

  7. #57

    Resident Club Coach
    didds's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    10,407

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cook View Post
    I'm not seeing "2nd time of asking" anywhere on that chart.
    Ok, being totally pedantic, whatever "NO" means to the question "First time of asking".

    Which clearly and obviously includes the 2nd time of asking. And of course every time of asking after the first, including the 7,298th time of asking. And possibly more.

  8. #58

    Referees in England
    Pablo's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Buckinghamshire Referees Society
    Grade
    6
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by Flish View Post
    Appreciate I’m talking to myself here, but this might be of interest to some, the equivalent to the man off logic tree that applies in the 23 man game, or at least the Premiership, so yes, different, and Tom Foley was correct;

    Attachment 4042
    Can we please just take a moment to appreciate the absolute clarity of this matrix, as opposed to the ambiguous and much-debated mish-mash of the "flow chart" in the community game?
    If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you... you must be a rugby referee!

    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity - and I'm not sure about the universe..." - Albert Einstein

  9. #59
    Rugby Club Member Flish's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9
    Join Date
    02 Sep 13
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Can we please just take a moment to appreciate the absolute clarity of this matrix, as opposed to the ambiguous and much-debated mish-mash of the "flow chart" in the community game?
    Neither of which are clearly and obviously published in an accessible way to us, or anyone trying to find the correct answer, to the best of my knowledge

  10. #60

    Referees in England
    chbg's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    D&WRURS, HRURS & ARURS
    Grade
    Level 8
    Join Date
    15 May 09
    Posts
    1,112

    Default Re: STE to hook, Wasps Bath

    Quote Originally Posted by Flish View Post
    Neither of which are clearly and obviously published in an accessible way to us, or anyone trying to find the correct answer, to the best of my knowledge
    Who has switched off Liking posts??
    Be reasonable - do it my way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •