Thread: Exeter v Wasps .. penalty

Coach/Referee

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Select Grade

Default Re: Exeter v Wasps .. penalty

Quote Originally Posted by dickell View Post
    So are we not allowed to comment on inadequate performances or on decisions that affect the result?
    You absolutely are allowed comment on inadequate performances and decisions that affect the result.

There is only one way that a referee can 'predetermine' an outcome and that is cheating!!!!

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Wasps
    Grade
    Former member of RFU TJ p

Quote Originally Posted by Decorily View Post
    You absolutely are allowed comment on inadequate performances and decisions that affect the result.

There is only one way that a referee can 'predetermine' an outcome and that is cheating!!!!
    I had not interpreted that word in that way, but I can see how it could be taken to mean cheating.

I had been looking forward to a great match under WB, and when I heard that he was ill and then the name of his replacement, who has never impressed me, I was downcast.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dickell View Post
    So are we not allowed to comment on inadequate performances or on decisions that affect the result?
    what we expect is specific detail on an event or events that were not handled the way you would have seen fit, with clear rationale, a reference to Law (if possible) and video clip (if possible).

A general "the ref was shite" is not very helpful in our journey to enlightenment.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Ref'd social games only

Quote Originally Posted by Dixpat View Post
    I gave up watching midway through the 2nd half as I thought the ref was going to predetermine the outcome
    Comment withdrawn as it was a poor choice of words and was not meant to imply that the ref was a cheat but I had the sense that he would make a decision that would have an effect on the outcome of the game and according to the first 3 or 4 comments in this thread it appears that he did so.

I have just watched a replay of the final 15 minutes of the game and I agree that:

a) it should have been a PT
    b) Dickie's posts #2 & #3 are accurate summations of these incidents and I agree with his general statement that the ref looked uncomfortable at that level
    I tried to download the new Band-Aid song to support the fundraising to fight Ebola but my anti-virus program wouldn't let me

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Central
    Grade
    Elite Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Dixpat View Post
    the ref looked uncomfortable at that level
    Can you expand further on this comment ? The referee is a regular and experienced Premiership referee. Sadly when WB tested positive (showing no symptoms so not sure how anyone can say he was ill) and the most likely replacement referees were on Six Nations duty CMK took the appointment with one experienced AR (PD) and one not so (SH). Contrary to the views here I thought he did very well.

Referees in America

Soc/Assoc
    New York State Rugby Referees Society
    Grade
    Level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie E View Post
    what we expect is specific detail on an event or events that were not handled the way you would have seen fit, with clear rationale, a reference to Law (if possible) and video clip (if possible).

A general "the ref was shite" is not very helpful in our journey to enlightenment.
    Like Button

Thread Information