Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

Soc/Assoc
    Durham
    Grade
    Level 9

Default Re: Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

BUT ....
    - move the scenario to incident near the try line, where a try is scored.. and there is a TMO.. and it's on TV ... then we really, really need to know exactly what the actual Law actually is...
    Either way we’ll debate it for months on end ��

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    ex-Manchester & District
    Grade
    Level 10

Default Re: Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    that's the way I understand it - throw forward is relative to the player, knock on is judged relative to the ground
    ...and the Nobel Prize for Physics goes to....World Rugby for their work in redefining the laws of gravity, motion, etc.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

Quote Originally Posted by Flish View Post
    Either way we’ll debate it for months on end ��
    Hope so

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    Cambridge and St Neots
    Grade
    I am a Fan

Throw forward is judged by the movement of the hands not the ball. (Definition of throw forward)
    The hands must not move towards the opponents dead ball line.
    There is no explicit statement that that is relative to the rest of the player.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Balones View Post
    I would think that the definitions on Possession means that you cant juggle it forward then knock it back as you must regain control of it
    It’s a bit of a grey area but that’s the way I will be advising refereeing here in Wales to referee it. Its straight forward and easy to follow. Common sense
    woe betide the lineout jumper who juggles the ball before tapping it back to the SH. In Wales, anyway.
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 15 - 11

An interesting analysis on the second ‘controversial’ try from last weekend from squidgy rugby starts at about 2:40 on the video)
    If you’re not familiar with him I’d highly recommend some of his videos for a light hearted but detailed analysis of most international matches. https://youtu.be/K6rIMLowoJI

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    An interesting analysis on the second ‘controversial’ try from last weekend from squidgy rugby starts at about 2:40 on the video)
    If you’re not familiar with him I’d highly recommend some of his videos for a light hearted but detailed analysis of most international matches. https://youtu.be/K6rIMLowoJI
    that is really very interesting - thanks.

definitely have a lot less sympathy for England having watched that.

I am now thinking that the factors contributing to the try are maybe
    - 40% England sloppiness
    - 10% refereeing mistake
    - 50% Welsh guile and skill

Here's link to the video directly at the right time.

https://youtu.be/K6rIMLowoJI?t=160

Soc/Assoc
    None
    Grade
    Level 15 - 11

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    that is really very interesting - thanks.

definitely have a lot less sympathy for England having watched that.

I am now thinking that the factors contributing to the try are maybe
    - 40% England sloppiness
    - 10% refereeing mistake
    - 50% Welsh guile and skill

Here's link to the video directly at the right time.

https://youtu.be/K6rIMLowoJI?t=160
    I think that’s a fair assessment.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

Biggar is such a great player, isn't he? time and again he shows possesses all the attributes for a rugby player : physical strength and stamina, fantastic skills, leadership and - important in rugby - quick thinkingness, intelligence and guile.

I love the way rugby rewards a team who can think, as well as a team who have muscle.

Rugby Club Member

Soc/Assoc
    ex-Manchester & District
    Grade
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I think that’s a fair assessment.
    I disagree. The clips show there were still medics / water carriers from both sides on the pitch and, although play often continues will all kinds of non-participants littering the field of play, I don't believe England were given sufficient time to reorganise from a referee-instructed huddle. Also several Welsh players weren't ready as they were involved with support staff.

Thread Information