Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

Default Re: Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

Quote Originally Posted by Balones View Post
    Interesting that in the Ire/Eng today in the 48th minute approx on game clock the Irish were denied a try because a juggle and knock back was deemed a knock-on. Perhaps giving more credence to the Nigel Owen video?
    I noticed that. I really hope WR clear this up, it's embarrassing that we don't know what constitutes a knock on
    Last edited by crossref; 21-03-21 at 21:03.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    D&WRURS, HRURS & ARURS
    Grade
    Level 8

Default Re: Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    I noticed that. I really hope WR clear this up, it's embarrassing that we don't know what constitutes a knock on
    It was a knock-on by the Irish player behind the 'juggler', as confirmed by the TMO. I think that it is perfectly clear that the 'juggling' was not deemed to be a knock-on (as, from memory, the last direction that the ball traveled was backwards).
    Be reasonable - do it my way.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

Quote Originally Posted by chbg View Post
    I think that it is perfectly clear that the 'juggling' was not deemed to be a knock-on (as, from memory, the last direction that the ball traveled was backwards).
    That's exactly the issue though, a juggle and knock backwards . Is that a KO ?

... the NO video said that would be a KO.
    ..While the WB video said it wouldn't be
    Last edited by crossref; 21-03-21 at 23:03.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    D&WRURS, HRURS & ARURS
    Grade
    Level 8

Quote Originally Posted by crossref View Post
    That's exactly the issue though, a juggle and knock backwards . Is that a KO ?

... the NO video said that would be a KO.
    ..While the WB video said it wouldn't be
    And at a later match WB's view held sway.
    Be reasonable - do it my way.

Referees in Australia

Soc/Assoc
    Central Australian Rugby Referees
    Grade
    B3

It was a knock-on by the Irish player behind the 'juggler', as confirmed by the TMO. I think that it is perfectly clear that the 'juggling' was not deemed to be a knock-on (as, from memory, the last direction that the ball traveled was backwards).
    Agreed.

TMO was clear that the knock was Green 17, and not Henderson, a decision I entirely agreed with.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

Referees in England

Soc/Assoc
    --
    Grade
    Grassroots

And at a later match WB's view held sway.
    But we shouldn't be left trying to deduce the correct approach from examples we happen to spot.
    And there is sarefeeeees.duty ref, Craig J agreeing with the NO view

I don't think we really know

Thread Information