Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

      
  1. #11
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Cardiff Society of Welsh Rugby Union Referees
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    05 Jan 18
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    It was just a suggestion, attack the problem not the messenger
    Hense my suggestion: "If so is it not time that their trainers re focussed their mindset?"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thepercy View Post
    Or perhaps it's not something their trainers think is important and so the referees don't either?
    Quite possibly.

    For me the two sides should be refereed equitably.

  2. #12

    Referees in England
    Phil E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Staffordshire and Royal Navy
    Grade
    8
    Join Date
    22 Jan 08
    Posts
    15,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrainor View Post
    The eleite clamped down a few years ago on lifters blocking the defence (though I do see it creeping in again), I believe this is a similar area that should be looked at.
    Along with long arm transfers that I now see most weeks but never gets penalised anymore. The flavour of the month doesn't last long.

    Follow my Award Winning blog The Rugby Ref


  3. #13

    Resident Club Coach
    didds's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    10,419

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    How many years ago is it now that PoB as head of referees said squint scrum feeds were to be dealt with?

  4. #14

    Referees in Australia
    Dickie E's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    VRRA
    Grade
    Level 2
    Join Date
    19 Jan 07
    Posts
    13,077

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    The flavour of the month doesn't last long.
    around about 4 weeks, I reckon
    I, for one, like Roman numerals

  5. #15

    Referees in Australia
    SimonSmith's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    Central Australian Rugby Referees
    Grade
    B3
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    8,734

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    How many years ago is it now that PoB as head of referees said squint scrum feeds were to be dealt with?
    Probably the same amount of time that the rat ******* sold out his own referees.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Marcus Aurelius

    Man may do as he will; he may not will what he wills
    Arthur Schopenhauer

    Tullamore Dew, the Afghan Wigs, and many, many strippers - how to get over your ex. How true.

  6. #16
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North Referees
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    29 May 12
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    Along with long arm transfers that I now see most weeks but never gets penalised anymore. The flavour of the month doesn't last long.
    Not sure about that. In a close Sydney 1st grade game last weekend, Warringah had an attacking lineout just after full time, a try would have won them the game. They win the line-out, form the maul, and do a arm transfer. Referee correctly calls a penalty to Gordon, who wins the game.

  7. #17

    Resident Club Coach
    didds's Avatar

    Soc/Assoc
    N/A
    Grade
    Club Coach
    Join Date
    27 Jan 04
    Posts
    10,419

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure about that. In a close Sydney 1st grade game last weekend, Warringah had an attacking lineout just after full time, a try would have won them the game. They win the line-out, form the maul, and do a arm transfer. Referee correctly calls a penalty to Gordon, who wins the game.
    Is this however an example of where the community game plays the laws, while the elite game (possibly what Phil was alluding to) has some sort of flexible subset with their own agreed interpretations that are not written anywhere (not even in a secret email) ?

    didds
    Last edited by didds; 03-06-21 at 09:06.

  8. #18
    Rugby Club Member

    Soc/Assoc
    Sydney North Referees
    Grade
    Select Grade
    Join Date
    29 May 12
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Binding in front of the Ball Carrier/back foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by didds View Post
    Is this however an example of where the community game plays the laws, while the elite game (possibly what Phil was alluding to) has some sort of flexible subset with their own agreed interpretations that are not written anywhere (not even in a secret email) ?

    didds
    Yep. I must say there were a few Warringah supporters who were of the view that it would never have happened in a Super game. Surely the aim is for consistency!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •